As a subsidiary of Toyota Industries (TICO), Vanderlande North America is enjoying rapid growth and extraordinary market demand. Vanderlande is a global market leader in material handling system manufacturing, design, installation, and service. Vanderlande systems employ the latest in robotic, mechanical, and software technology. Vanderlande’s customers are household names in e-commerce, package delivery, and air transportation. Vanderlande sees Support Services as key to helping our customers achieve uninterrupted operations and adding value to their business.
As the IT Service Desk Manager, you are responsible for all Service Operations Management for our customers. Your responsibility is to make sure we deliver outstanding services to our customers, as well as supporting the customer to improve their competitive position with additional solutions offered by Vanderlande. As the IT Service Desk Manager, you will ensure that our services are performing and supported in compliance with the agreed upon service levels with our clients and in so doing, be ready for daily operations.
- Accountable for the successful delivery of Remote IT/Systems Support for customers in North America via the Support Center/Service Desk
- Responsible for developing and delivering the long-term strategic plan for the Service Desk function
- Manager for US IT Service Operations team. Managing team responsible for delivering IT technical support services and changes for live operations at Customer sites.
- Stakeholder Management for IT Service Operations
- Manage Risk mitigation for IT Support Operations, including Disaster Recovery, Early Life support and Service Transition for new sites
- Responsible for overseeing all IT changes into Business Customer sites under contract.
- Point of contact for IT Service-related Major Incident Management, ensuring post incident report is issued to customer sites, and if necessary, attending any requested meetings on site post incident
- Support the Senior Management team in new business initiatives as and when required
- Maintaining SLA and service performance for Business Customer contracts
- Able to act on own initiative, adaptable and quick to learn
- Manage expectations of customers and stakeholders within Service framework and on new business opportunities
Education and Experience:
- Bachelor’s degree from four-year College or university (Preferably Degree in Engineering)
- At least +7 years’ experience managing service operations teams
- Experienced in managing mission critical 24/7 complex support environments.
- Preferably a good working knowledge supporting either PLC controls (Allen Bradley, Siemens) or IT Infrastructure (database systems, applications, networking).
- Strong understanding of HR procedures, staff development and succession planning.
- Preferably ITIL v3 or v4 Foundation certified.
- Must be willing to work flexible hours.
Knowledge and Skills Competencies
- Ability to work under pressure and deliver to tight deadlines in a timely manner
- Able to communicate clearly and concisely to stakeholders and management at all levels
- Managing assigned resources and teams for IT support services.
- Good understanding of HR procedures, staff development and succession planning
- Work closely with the IT Change Manager and IT Support team ensuring processes are adhered to
- Liaise with Site Service Managers and appropriate parties during major incidents and escalations
- Interface for North America with Global IT Service Desks.
- Good attention to detail and ability to work to a high standard alongside strong planning and scheduling skills.
- Effective communicator, attention to detail, strong presentation skills
- Good knowledge and understanding ITIL processes (or equivalent) covering
- Service Transition, incident and problem management
- Change management, release and deployment for software applications
- Risk mitigation, business development, commercially aware
- Experience in developing/implementing new service tools/process/methodologies to enhance Vanderlande’s capabilities in delivering outstanding service
- To ensure all IT Staff working on Service Contracts in the office or locally on site, follow Vanderlande and Local HSE requirements.
- Service Management background in IT
- Previous experience in Warehouse, Airport and Parcel Automation Systems
- Team Management skills
- Development and managing IT Service Contracts
- Ability to work unsupervised and be pro-active
- Customer facing skills
- Good general knowledge of Complex IT Systems
- Degree in Engineering or Business-related subject.
Please note this job description is not designed to cover or contain a comprehensive listing of activities, duties or responsibilities that are required of the employee for this job. Duties, responsibilities and activities may change at any time with or without notice.
Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
Vanderlande is an equal opportunity/affirmative action employer. Qualified applicants will be considered without regards to race, religion, color, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, age, marital status, veteran status, or disability status.