Ready to be the global tech hero for airports and parcel hubs? Can you solve complex issues, propose innovations, and support critical updates in this high-stakes environment? Join our team as a IT solution support engineer and become the mastermind behind the smooth operation of our smart IT Solutions at Airports and Parcel sortation hubs.
What you will be doing?
As a IT Solution Support Engineer you are responsible for the management and support of our smart IT Solutions deployed at Airports and Parcel sortation hubs. The IT solutions include the software that controls the logistical transport of baggage and parcels, reporting, databases and IT Infrastructure. As a support engineer you are the all-rounder, who takes the lead in making sure the solutions runs and behaves as designed. You will analyze complex issues, propose improvements and support the deployments of updates in a business critical environment. You will have frequent contact with internal and external customers located in every continent of the world.
Your tasks and responsibilities
- Act as a subject matter expert of our IT Solutions and System Behavior.
- Support the Incident Management process by solving complex issues.
- Analyze, troubleshoot and fix problems and changes.
- Review system and application logs to trace issues and gather information for analysis.
- Deploy software components in both factory, and live site environments.
- Verification of deployment of software components in factory and live site environments.
- Support and train local support teams to strengthen their capabilities and toolsets.
- Work with other team members, Service Desks and customer teams to continuously improve our IT solutions and standards.
What do we ask from you?
- Professional degree in computer science engineering, information technology, information systems, mathematics or a related field of study.
- Basic knowledge of IT infrastructure and software development.
- Affinity with IT and Industrial Automation and interest in logistic processes.
- Knowledge and experience with Linux commands, Oracle PL/SQL, Oracle Databases, Java code and Python scripting is a pre.
- Enthusiastic result-driven professional.
- Analytically strong and positively critical.
- Proactive, pragmatic and hands-on attitude.
- Strong communication skills with good command of the English language.
- Willing to travel up to 25% of the time.
About the team
The APS IT Solution Service team is part of a Module Deployment Group that is active throughout the world in selling, delivering and servicing our IT Solutions at Airports and Parcel customers. You will work closely with other members of the team that are active in Sales, Engineering, Project Management and Life Cycle Services.
Vanderlande is the global market leader for future-proof logistic process automation at airports and in the parcel market. Furthermore, we are also a leading supplier of process automation solutions for warehouses, which seamlessly integrate innovative systems, intelligent software and life-cycle services.
At Vanderlande, you can develop your career, satisfy your ambitions, aspire to new heights, while enjoying personal growth and thriving on achievement.
What we offer?
In the challenging and responsible position of IT Solution Support Engineer you will have the chance to make a significant contribution to industry-leading projects and be connected to our dedicated people and customers. We offer a position in an informal, international and professional working environment with a lot of scope for personal development. By joining our profitable and growing company you will be able to reach your goals and focus on your future.
This position offers a competitive salary range of €4.600,- to €5.900,- gross per month (excluding 8% holiday allowance). Through exceeding performance expectations, you even have the possibility to grow outside this scale.
On top of your fixed salary you’ll receive the following secondary benefits:
- 40 vacation days (20 statutory days and a flexible budget worth 20 days).
- Flexible working hours.
- A hybrid workplace (40% working from home and 60% in the office).
- A Health & Wellbeing budget worth €300,- per calendar year.
- Commuting allowance, including full reimbursement of travel by public transport.
- Working from home allowance.
- Collective pension scheme and discount on additional health insurance.
- On-site company health centres with a gym, physiotherapists and occupational therapists.
- Vanderlande Academy and training facilities to boost your skills.
- A variety in Vanderlande Network communities and initiatives.
- And a great company restaurant and coffee bar with barista.
If you want to take on this demanding challenge in a dynamic environment, apply now by filling in the application form and upload your resume and motivation letter. For more information contact Juliëtte van Kraaij, Recruiter via email@example.com
Diversity & Inclusion
Vanderlande is an equal opportunity/affirmative action employer. Qualified applicants will be considered without regards to race, religion, color, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, age, marital status, or disability status.