As an IT Systems Specialist for the baggage handling system (BHS) at Vanderlande, you will analyze and assist in servicing various IT software and hardware. You will be responsible for helping the team find and resolve system issues, research solutions, and propose changes to the system. You will have frequent contacts with customers, internal organization members and suppliers.
Essential Functions (Job Duties and Responsibilities):
- Managing Windows, Linux and proprietary systems.
- Upgrading, installing, and configuring application software and computer hardware
- Troubleshooting and providing technical support for business systems
- Creating and managing system permissions and user accounts
- Configuring and maintaining BHS computers, servers, networks, enterprise software and security systems
- Optimizing system IT infrastructure for greater productivity
- Identifying network issues and fixing them, identifying cyber security threats, and devising ways to prevent intrusions.
- Protecting critical systems and assets
- Building solutions, implementing new software and hardware, providing training, and assisting in developing the overall IT strategy.
- Bachelor’s degree in information technology, information systems, or a related field of study.
- Previous support or implementation in supply chain or material handling
- Working knowledge of network troubleshooting techniques and tools
- Good understanding of business processes in a technical environment
- Understanding of material handling system