IT Systems Specialist
Do you like to take an extra step, analyzing the root cause of a failed software component or interface, and providing solutions for the cause?
Vanderlande understands the complexities associated with a successful airport and parcel operation and delivers future-proof logistic process automation. These automation systems are composed of many Electromechanical, IT, and control components that require expert knowledge to support.
As an IT Systems Specialist, you have a strong affinity with virtualization, Linux, and Windows operating systems and the hardware they run on. As an IT Systems Specialist, you will analyze and assist in servicing various IT software, hardware, and networks. You will be responsible for helping the team find and resolve system issues, research solutions, and propose changes to the system. You will have frequent contacts with customers, internal organization, and suppliers.
- Identify problems and perform root cause analysis of upper-level control software of Vanderlande baggage handling system, in close collaboration with other teams.
- Review system and application logs to trace issues and gather information for analysis.
- Develop and maintain customer-specific validation test processes and reports for change control log.
- Continuously monitor IT infrastructure, application, and material handling application environment.
- Triage all events reported and maintain incident reports.
- Planning and delivering preventive maintenance tasks & assigned change tasks (back-ups, patch execution, etc.)
- Have a systematic way of troubleshooting a problem.
- Advise the customer on actions to minimize equipment downtime.
- Take proactive measures based on your own insight, lifecycle plans, or preventive maintenance plans.
- You have a bachelor’s or master’s degree in computer science, information technology, information systems, information management, or a related field of study.
- You have a good understanding of IT service management practices (ITIL v3/v4).
- Preferred IT certifications (i.e. CCNA).
- Broad affinity with IT infrastructure, preferably in Industrial Automation, and interested in logistic processes.
- 5 years of relevant working experience in industrial systems.
- Hands-on experience with server hardware and operating systems such as VMware virtualization, Linux, and MS Windows.
- Hands-on experience with network hardware and configuration for firewalls, switches, and routing.
- Hands-on experience with IT monitoring products and application middleware such as Oracle databases and application servers is preferred.
- Experience with designing and implementing IT security-related software such as Trend Micro, McAfee, SIEM, vulnerability scanning, and system hardening.
- A good working knowledge of testing methodologies and troubleshooting techniques
- Good communication skills in English.
- Assertive team player and proactive
- May have to work after hours and weekends as the operation runs 24/7.