IT Technical Architect
You will be part of the ICT Projects department, which is responsible for implementing and supporting customer IT infrastructures. The IT infrastructure is an integral part of the automated material handling systems that we provide to our customers. The ICT projects department develops the products and processes used for the customer implementations, implements various customer solutions worldwide and helps the support departments with the lifecycle management of the customer thereafter. As a technical architect, you will play a vital role in the product development of our ICT solutions which are based on Microsoft/Linux OS standards, Cisco networking and HPE Infrastructure hardware.
In this position, you will be part of the central, dedicated and dynamic team that develop ICT products that will be applied and used by our engineers. You will work closely with your fellow architects as well as with the solution architects and the engineers to ensure the products are standardized and usable for our different material handling systems offerings. Your strong and solid communication skills, teamplay and flexibility will be crucial for this. You will be designing innovative products and solutions alongside 50 enthusiastic colleagues from Veghel (airports) and Dortmund (warehousing and parcel) and you will also cooperate closely with other disciplines at Vanderlande.
In addition, you will evaluate the short- and long-term applications of your work, and possess the ability to see connections between multidisciplinary activities. As a great communicator you will need to build up an internal network so that you can work efficiently. You will need to align with but also support, train and advise your colleagues from various Vanderlande teams (for example the software development team and other product development teams) on the usage of our standard IT products and solutions.
Your qualifications and skills
As a technically minded, proactive and knowledgeable IT Architect, you are experienced in:
- The field of enterprise and/or solution architecture;
- Developing architecture blueprints ( incl. server & storage solutions, networking, field client devices);
- platform virtualization (VMware);
- cloud technology (including Azure);
- Automation, CI/CD Pipelines incl. Configuration Management (Terraform, Ansible),
- Infrastructure as Code
- Experience in Container platform Technology (Kubernetes domain, Rancher)
- Operating systems (Linux and Microsoft Windows).
To be eligible for this position, you must:
- Have a Higher Professional Education (HBO) qualification or University degree (WO) in the area of ICT (infrastructure)
- Have several years of experience in the ICT area (such as hardware, security, virtualization, container platform, automation)
- Have a sincere interest in technical developments and innovations;
- Be experienced with CI/CD pipeline frameworks & Infrastructure as Code
- Be familiar with scrum way of working
- Have a positive, hands on and can do attitude
- Be fluent in English (written and verbal)
- Be willing to travel worldwide (at least 20% of the time)
If the role of IT Technical Architect appeals to you, then please apply now by completing the application form, and uploading your CV and covering letter. For more information, please contact Annelieke van der Poel, Recruiter on firstname.lastname@example.org. #LI-AV3