This role will be part of the Software Engineering Warehouse team based in Marietta Georgia. You will be responsible for understanding and following requirements set by the Product Owners, System Architects and Software Architects, developing robust and feature rich software, contributing to peer/team code reviews, and following change management best practices. You may also assist with various roles within the Agile process as needed within the team.
Essential Functions (Job Duties and Responsibilities):
Working as a team member of the software development group where you will practice and build experience in the software development life cycle, tools, and language(s) to include:
- Collaborate with Product Owners/BA’s and Software Architects in refinement and defining user stories
- Follows best practices for test-driven/behavior driven development and assist with unit/API level testing
- Design, code, test, develop and document application programs for complex microservice applications in a high performance environment.
- Ensure that the design and application implementation meets security and QA standards.
- Analyze and perform modifications, process/application improvements, and maintenance of highly complex operational programs and procedures
- Maintain and update status on assigned work within Agile process
- Participate in functional and technical reviews
- Provide technical guidance and assistance to a team of developers and assist with code reviews
- Assist in evaluation, selection, and prototyping of technical architecture.
Required Education and Experience:
- Bachelor or Master degree in Computer Science or Information Technology or equivalent
- Minimum of 2+ years development experience within Java, C#, or equivalent development languages
- Good working knowledge/experience developing REST APIs, event driven applications, and micro-services
- Working knowledge and experience using Docker and a plus with kubernetes
- Experience with relational, NoSQL, and event streaming database implementations (Oracle, MySQL, PostgreSQL, MongoDB, Cassandra, and/or Kafka)
- Experience with IntelliJ IDEA, Eclipse, NetBeans or MS Visual Studio
- Experience in working with either Maven, Gradle, and/or MSBuild build tools
- Experience in working with GIT (Bitbucket), SVN or other distributed source control systems
- Working knowledge of developing/deployment of applications within cloud systems (Azure, AWS, etc.)
- Strong analytical and problem solving skills
- Strong communication and collaboration skills
Any of the following additional experience is a plus:
- Controls development within Warehouse/Transportation controls system or equivalent
- Working experience with Atlassian tools (JIRA, Confluence, etc.)
- Working experience with TDD or BDD software methodologies
- Good working knowledge of software patterns and how to apply them
- Working experience developing in both Java and C# a plus
- Experience developing and deploying on Windows Server and Linux operating systems
- Working experience with ELK Stack (Elastic Search, Kibana, Beats, Logstash)
Strong communication skills (written and verbal)
Good interpersonal skills (work well within a team)
Be able to contribute to the onboarding process of additional team members
Ability to work in a fast-paced operational environment with competing priorities and multiple stakeholders
Strong analytical abilities, and able to put forward recommendations.
Able to work with minimal supervision, take initiative, and resolve issues
Vanderlande is an equal opportunity/affirmative action employer. Qualified applicants will be considered without regards to race, religion, color, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, age, marital status, veteran status, or disability status.