Junior Test/Integration Engineer
General merchandise, fashion and food retail companies need to be flexible in handling the levels of orders, fulfil online orders and store deliveries, and cope with a lack of available workforce. Such companies continuously improve their supply chains and invest in innovative technologies. Vanderlande understands the complexities associated with operating a successful warehouse operation and delivers future proof logistic process automation.
These automation systems are composed of many (electro-)mechanical and IT components, built by teams in various parts of the world and must be integrated with other (software) systems to support the processes of our customers.
As an integration engineer, you are involved in integrating the various components and subsystems of these systems and in the integration with the customer`s IT systems and processes. You test the system to ensure that it accomplishes what it is supposed to. Often testing involves attempts to intentionally break the system to identify any problem areas, based on an analysis of technical risks. Test- and integration engineers contribute to the success of projects through their superior knowledge of the system as a whole, its operational objectives, how all its parts work together, and all the technical factors that go into its development.
The System Integration department is part of the business unit Warehousing Solutions within Vanderlande Industries and is responsible for the system design, testing, and integration of complex Warehousing systems worldwide for example for customers like Albert Heijn, Woolworths and Walmart. The integration of all components (mechanical, electronic, OT software, IT software and IT Hardware) into a working system according to specifications is especially challenging for large and complex warehouses. This is the focus area of the System Integration Management-team.
Your tasks and responsibilities
- Make test designs and test plans based on system design, risk analysis and customer demands;
- Implement test cases and scripts, prepare the test execution and build and configure the test environment;
- Set up test environments and the test-tooling;
- Execute the integration-, system- and customer acceptance tests;
- Analyze and report the test results, (production) problems and verify solutions;
- Discuss results with developers, solution architects/clients or other team members.
You are an analytical problem solver who thinks in a systems perspective. You are able to manage small details while keeping an eye on the big picture. You like to work together in a multi-disciplinary team of engineers.
- You have a Bachelor or Master degree
- Affinity with IT and Industrial Automation
- Interested in logistic processes
- Basic knowledge of Systems Engineering and / or Software development
- Basic knowledge of testing methodologies and techniques
- Good communication skills in English
- Team player and proactive
- You are willing to travel for about 60% of the time
- Knowledge of automated test-tools (execution, result registration, test management) is preferred
If you want to take on this demanding challenge in a dynamic environment, apply now by filling in the application form and upload your resume and cover letter. For more information contact Jasper Pijnenburg, Recruiter on +31 413 494408.