If you are looking to take on a fast-paced and rewarding role in a market-leading environment, then we at Vanderlande want you on our team!
A Layout Engineer I role at Vanderlande can give you the opportunity to:
- Work with teams of experts on global projects
- Further your career by developing your skills and growing your network
- Be part of an international team dedicated to developing innovative solutions
- Provide expert technical knowledge to a team of diverse individuals
As a Layout Engineer, you will be responsible for the design, specification and commissioning of material handling systems for our customers. In this position you will be responsible for using AutoCAD to execute the 2D and 3D material handling system solutions. You will assure that models are created by following a fixed set or design rules and custom blocks to meet any customer specifications. You will work effectively both individually and as part of the Vanderlande team.
- Generates 3D Autocad Models, plan views and elevation views for warehousing or baggage handling system layouts, taking into account customer requirements, VI Standards, and direction of supervising project engineers
- Create 3D Models of conveyor systems; this would include catwalk, supports and header steel.
- Create 3D Models of any other objects that may impact system designs.
- Create 2D Layout packages based on the 3D models that can be used for customer approval as well as installation. This task will include creation of plan and section views in a modified architectural drafting style.
- Reports Problems based on experience and review of drawings & model
- Generates mechanical layout drawing package, including submittal preparation and revision control
- Develop mechanical installation drawings required for system assembly
- Perform site inspections as requested
- 5+ years experience in a drafting or similar related role
- Experience designing layouts utilizing AutoCAD
- Must have experience multitasking to handle multiple drawings and tasks.
- Must be willing and able to travel up to 25%.
- Knowledge of Autodesk Navisworks
- Good Knowledge of ACAD External References
- Experience in the baggage handling industry or industrial conveyors
Knowledge- Skills- Abilities:
- Ability to work effectively in team environment incorporating engineering, sales, and management functions.
- Ability to learn new technical skills involved in maintaining or improving the Layout process and take direction from supervising engineers
- Ability to read and understand Architectural, Mechanical & Structural Drawings.
- Working knowledge of Microsoft Office Suite.
- Ability to accurately judge time to complete on CAD projects
Vanderlande is a $1B leading global supplier of turnkey material handling systems for airport baggage handling and the distribution, parcel and postal markets. We are an Original Equipment Manufacturer and System Integrator of all our material handling solutions. Vanderlande offers engineering, design, installation and operations as well as maintenance services.
Vanderlande brings more than 70 years of experience and know-how to the industry and ranks as the 5th largest material handling supplier in the world. Our North America headquarters is located in Marietta, GA and serves the US, Canada and Mexico.
Vanderlande is an equal opportunity/affirmative action employer. Qualified applicants will be considered without regards to race, religion, color, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, age, marital status, veteran status, or disability status.