Vanderlande’s Service RMR Department is responsible for the planning and implementation of complex material flow systems as well as their refurbishments, extensions and modifications that require professional project execution skills. As Layout Engineer – RMR, you assume overall responsibility for executing the 2D and 3D layout design of material handling system solutions during a successful design, specification and commissioning of RMR projects (revision / modification / retrofit) in the Service department. The Layout Engineer works closely with Engineering, Sales and Project Management involved throughout the life of the project
- Generates 3D AutoCAD Models, plan views and elevation views for warehousing or baggage handling system layouts, considering customer requirements, VI Standards, and direction of supervising project engineers
- Create 3D Models of conveyor systems; this would include catwalk, supports and header steel.
- Create 3D Models of any other objects that may impact system designs.
- Assure that models are created by following a fixed set of design rules and custom blocks as well as meeting any customer specifications.
- Create 2D Layout packages based on the 3D models that can be used for customer approval as well as installation. This task will include creation of plan and section views in a modified architectural drafting style.
- Reports Problems based on experience and review of drawings & model
- Generates mechanical layout drawing package, including submittal preparation and revision control
- Develop mechanical installation drawings required for system assembly
- Perform site inspections as requested
- Report progress (hours, costs) of supervised electrical engineering effort to the Controls Project Leader and Project Manager.
- Work closely with clients and subcontractors to resolve questions and problems throughout project life cycle.
- Communicate and work closely with other groups within Vanderlande and the project team (i.e., mechanical engineering, project management, supply chain, sales/proposal department and installation).
- Ability to work effectively in team environment incorporating engineering, sales, and management functions.
- Ability to quickly assess a situation and take appropriate action
- Strong team-oriented mentality and acceptance of responsibility for project completion
- Ability to learn new technical skills involved in maintaining or improving the Layout process and take direction from supervising engineers
- Ability to read and understand Architectural, Mechanical & Structural Drawings.
- Ability to accurately judge time to complete on CAD projects
- Excellent oral and written communication skills in English as well as proven success presenting ideas to vendors, associates, and customers.
- A self-confident team player who is comfortable dealing with people at all levels in an organization and who can cross corporate boundaries.
- Working knowledge of Microsoft Office Suite.
- 5+ years’ experience in a drafting or similar related role
- Experience designing layouts utilizing AutoCAD
- Must have experience multitasking to handle multiple drawings and tasks.
- Knowledge of Autodesk Navisworks
- Good Knowledge of ACAD External References
- Experience in the baggage handling industry or industrial conveyors
- Must be willing and able to travel up to 25% routinely
Vanderlande is an equal opportunity/affirmative action employer. Qualified applicants will be considered without regards to race, religion, color, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, age, marital status, veteran status, or disability status.