Vanderlande is the global market leader for value-added logistic process automation at airports, and in the parcel market. The company is also a leading supplier of process automation solutions for warehouses.
The company focuses on the optimisation of its customers’ business processes and competitive positions. Through close cooperation, it strives for the improvement of their operational activities and the expansion of their logistical achievements. Vanderlande’s extensive portfolio of integrated solutions – innovative systems, intelligent software and life-cycle services – results in the realisation of fast, reliable and efficient automation technology.
The Controls Project Lead is responsible for the translation and optimization of functionality sold to a working mechanical design within the budget in consultation with other disciplines. The projects are material handling systems at Airports and Parcel & Postal systems. The Lead Controls Engineer will execute the system design from mechanical, hardware, system and network design, software development (PLC and/or PC related systems), electrical installation, integration of different components, system commissioning and testing through to final handover to the customer.
- Execute projects from conception through client handover with a positive result contribution on technical performance, financial results and the organization.
- Responsible for the system functionality and the technical quality of the material handling system.
- Develop engineering project plans and schedule of the project team and responsible for the progress.
- Coordinate activities of engineering project team in close cooperation with the Project Manager
- Document functional system specifications, interface specifications and (high level) test plans (FAT, SAT, CAT), including validation.
- Manage requirements, integration, configuration, and software changes throughout the projects.
- Communicate and work closely with other groups within Vanderlande and the project team (i.e., mechanical engineering, project management, supply chain, sales/proposal department and installation).
- Identify, initiate, and implement improvement activities.
- Drive, support, promote, and improve (software) standardization platforms.
Qualifications / Certificates
- Electrical, Software or Controls Engineer
- 5-10 years PLC / Industrial controls experience
- PLC programming Siemens S7