Lead DevOps at Data Bridge Team within Digital Service Factory (DSF)
Vanderlande provides baggage handling systems for 600 airports around the globe, capable of moving over 4 billion pieces of baggage around the world per year. For the parcel market our systems handle 52 million parcels per day. All these systems generate data. Do you see a challenge in building data-driven services for our customers using that data? Do you want to contribute to the fast growing Vanderlande Technology Department on its journey to become more data driven? If so, then join our Digital Service Factory (DSF) team!
Within the Data Bridge team we are developing a secure and efficient set of data products that will be disclosed, using standard interfaces, to enable data consumers to build digital services. Data products are a way of organizing data which allows for discoverability and traceability. They are standalone units within the Data Mesh architecture, domain-based and can be shared and used by all domains. Data products are used for other domains within the Digital Service Factory: operational awareness, predictive maintenance and process optimization, based on machine learning and AI.
Besides that, you and your team are also responsible for the Digital Services Platform Infrastructure in the cloud, based on Azure Kubernetes Services. Automation is everywhere – CI, CD and infrastructure as code. You and the team are responsible for it and for monitoring the clusters in production. Eventually you could be involved in production support during working hours.
For this position we are looking for a leader to coach and mentor the engineers in a DevOps mindset, organize patterns and standards. You are eager to design, maintain and grow the Digital Service Platform infrastructure making our agile team more automation-oriented. You understand the security aspects of software development, including the shift left of security and security by design in all parts of the software development lifecycle (SDLC). Since you are part of a team, you will be part of the daily activities, keeping your hands dirty.
What are your main tasks and responsibilities?
- Setup and support on Azure Cloud Services.
- Setup and support on Azure Kubernetes Services (AKS).
- GitOps (ArgoCD or Flux).
- Ensure that releasing and deploying times are as short as possible.
- Ensure that infrastructure is setup as such that it serves the continuous integration / deployment.
- Continuously seeking ways to improve our DevOps practices so that we can improve our products and services and foster a DevOps mindset throughout the department
- You have a Bachelor or Master’s degree in Computer Science or at least 3 years of relevant experience with DevOps activities.
- Experience in setting up, securing and managing Kubernetes clusters is a must. Experience in Azure Kubernetes Service is a plus.
- You have strong experience using container technologies (e.g. Docker).
- You have strong experience designing and implementing Continuous Integration and Deployment pipelines (experience in Bamboo is a plus).
- You are comfortable using code. This can be either scripting (bash) or programming (Python/Java) knowledge.
- Experience with GitOps technologies (ArgoCD and/or Flux) is a huge plus.
- You have experience with cloud technologies, including Infrastructure as Code (Terraform); ideally using Azure services.
- As a DevSecOps expert you are leading the DevOps guild (with representatives from multiple teams) to implement the different principles of DevSecOps and convey these throughout the department.
- Ability to inspire and coach others with regards to the DevOps way of work and culture. This includes security, monitoring & alerting, measuring and closing the feedback loop with your customers.
- Background of working within agile team environments, especially using Scrum and Kanban frameworks.
- Experience with automated testing on different levels.
What we offer
In the challenging and responsible position of Lead DevOps Engineer, you will have the chance to make a significant contribution to industry-leading projects and be connected to our dedicated people and customers. We offer a position in an informal, international and professional working environment with a lot of opportunities for personal development. By joining our profitable and growing company you will be able to reach your goals and focus on your future.
On top of your fixed salary, you will receive the following secondary benefits:
40 vacation days (20 statutory days and a flexible budget worth 20 days).
Flexible working hours.
A hybrid workplace (40% working from home and 60% in the office).
Commuting allowance, including full reimbursement of travel by public transport.
Working from home allowance.
Collective pension scheme and discount on health insurance.
On-site company health centers with a gym, physiotherapists and occupational therapists.
Vanderlande Academy and training facilities to boost your skills.
A variety in Vanderlande Network communities and initiatives.
And a great company restaurant and coffee bar with barista.
Diversity & Inclusion
Vanderlande is an equal opportunity employer. Qualified applicants will be considered without regards to race, religion, color, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, age, marital status, veteran status, or disability status.
If the challenging profile of Lead DevOps Engineer appeals to you, apply now by filling in the application form and uploading you CV and cover letter. For more information about this vacancy, please contact Dèveny Stultjens, Recruiter, via +31 413 755 273.