Lead Test Automation Engineer at DSF
Vanderlande provides baggage handling systems for 600 airports around the globe, capable of moving over 4 billion pieces of baggage around the world per year. For the parcel market our systems handle 52 million parcels per day. All these systems generate data. Do you want to contribute to the fast-growing Vanderlande Technology Department on its journey to become more data driven? Do you love to drive continuous quality assurance in the forefront of digital product development and build a lively testing community? If so, then join our Digital Service Factory department!
As Lead Automation Test Engineer of the Digital Service Factory, you will have your base in one of our agile development teams, lead the test competence and test community for the department. You will be working closely with different product development teams, where scrum is the basis of our way of working. You will actively contribute to the quality assurance and governance of the digital products developed by the different product teams. You are capable of steering independently and take responsibility for the full test process, of course supported by sufficient testers and resources to be successful. This ranges from on-prem IoT Edge software up to and including Azure Cloud. Together with stakeholders and the teams you develop and improve the test approaches, you apply test techniques and methods, and in close cooperation with the software developers you develop automated tests that are of high importance within the CI/CD pipeline. In this challenging role, you will be widely involved in continuous test (improvement) activities, where test automation, continuous integration and continuous delivery play important roles.
- Drive the development and continuous improvement of test approaches applied to ensure high quality and fast time to market of the digital solutions built within our product development teams.
- Forge an active and vibrant testing community within the DSF and contribute to the same within Vanderlande. Representing the test competence, its values and methods and spreading it out.
- Actively collaborate with the Product Owners and support the successful test efforts of the test engineers in the involved development teams.
- Developing test plans and test designs, focus on the components and the end-to-end testing
- Drive the architecture of the test environments and actively set them up.
- Implement/improve and populate the automation framework.
- Support setting up the continuous integration and continuous delivery pipelines
- Do part of the work of the Senior Tester on your base development team.
- Be teacher and coach towards the use of test approaches and test technologies, showing the way.
- Lead the Quality Assurance Guild that has the aim to share knowledge, foster innovation and approach cross team issues in quality assurance.
- Hands on experience with various test design techniques touching on every level of the testing pyramid (including e.g. unit, automation and consumer driven contract testing)
- Experience in guiding and mentoring engineers, ability to inspire developers with regards to testing.
- Experience programming in Java and/or Python
- Ability to set up and maintain a test automation framework that runs in a continuous integration environment.
- Experience with functional as well as non-functional testing (a.o. performance and/or load testing).
- Experience with DevOps practices and have relevant experience in automation (CI/CD), measurement, applying lean practices and what DevOps culture entails
- Broad experience in industrial environments, preferably baggage handling, warehousing or parcel domains is a plus
- Good communication and writing skills
- Experience in leading a work group(s)
- Certified in ISTQB or TMAP or comparable test qualifications
- Experience with Linux and familiar with Shell scripting
- Experience with Selenium for testing UI web applications
- Experience with Docker is a plus
What we offer
In the challenging and responsible position of Lead Test Automation Engineer, you will have the chance to make a significant contribution to industry-leading projects and be connected to our dedicated people and customers. We offer a position in an informal, international and professional working environment with a lot of opportunities for personal development. By joining our profitable and growing company you will be able to reach your goals and focus on your future.
On top of your fixed salary, you will receive the following secondary benefits:
40 vacation days (20 statutory days and a flexible budget worth 20 days).
Flexible working hours.
A hybrid workplace (40% working from home and 60% in the office).
Commuting allowance, including full reimbursement of travel by public transport.
Working from home allowance.
Collective pension scheme and discount on health insurance.
On-site company health centers with a gym, physiotherapists and occupational therapists.
Vanderlande Academy and training facilities to boost your skills.
A variety in Vanderlande Network communities and initiatives.
And a great company restaurant and coffee bar with barista.
Diversity & Inclusion
Vanderlande is an equal opportunity employer. Qualified applicants will be considered without regards to race, religion, color, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, age, marital status, veteran status, or disability status.
If the challenging profile of Lead Test Automation Engineer appeals to you, apply now by filling in the application form and uploading you CV and cover letter. For more information about this vacancy, please contact Dèveny Stultjens, Recruiter, via +31 413 755 273.