Vanderlande is the global market leader for value-added logistic process automation at airports, and in the parcel market. The company is also a leading supplier of process automation solutions for warehouses.
Vanderlande’s baggage handling systems move 3.7 billion pieces of luggage around the world per year, in other words 10.1 million per day. Its systems are active in 600 airports including 13 of the world’s top 20. More than 39 million parcels are sorted by its systems every day, which have been installed for the world’s leading parcel companies. In addition, many of the largest global e-commerce players and distribution firms have confidence in Vanderlande’s efficient and reliable solutions.
The company focuses on the optimisation of its customers’ business processes and competitive positions. Through close cooperation, it strives for the improvement of their operational activities and the expansion of their logistical achievements. Vanderlande’s extensive portfolio of integrated solutions – innovative systems, intelligent software and life-cycle services – results in the realisation of fast, reliable and efficient automation technology.
Established in 1949, Vanderlande has more than 7500 employees, all committed to moving its customers’ businesses forward at diverse locations on every continent. With a consistently increasing turnover of 1.6 billion euros, it has established a global reputation over the past seven decades as a highly reliable partner for value-added logistic process automation.
The company plans to double its size in the next 5 years as it has done in the last 5 years.
Vanderlande’s ability to serve clients arises from a broad platform of information, services and relationships across the globe, in combination with strong capabilities at the country and business line level. A key part of the platform is an integrated approach to talent development aligned with their business strategy. A key component of this strategy is the establishment of the Vanderlande Academy
Centre of Expertise Learning & Leadership
Learning & Leadership is a global organization for all People Development. The vehicle is the Vanderlande Academy with its purpose is to empower high performing, skilled and dedicated people to aspire to new heights, enjoy personal growth and thrive on achievement. Learning & Leadership is part of the CoE Talent & Learning which includes Global Talent Acquisition and Global Talent Management to provide an integrated talent lifecycle.
Learning & Leadership is a global organization, in 3 regions; North America, EMEA and Asia Pacific. In addition to the regional teams, we have 3 global teams: Learning Solutions, Talent & Leadership and Program Management & Execution. It consists of an international team with over 25 dedicated colleagues. This team works closely together with the Vanderlande Business Leaders, our global HR Business Partners and People Services. team, employees and a variety of trainers in- and outside of Vanderlande.
The Learning Consultant Talent & Leadership Development is a critical role within our People First Strategy in developing the Next Generation Talent & Leaders who bring Vanderlande to the future. In this role you design and deliver leadership development journeys and programs. You work closely together with our Program managers, Learning Consultants, Talent Management team and HR community.
Reporting to the Regional Head of Learning & Leadership North America, with a dotted line to the Global Program Manager Talent & Leadership, the Learning Consultant:
- Partners with Program Managers, HR Business Partners and People Services to identify needs that leverage the core of our leadership development programs, frameworks and other best practices to help leaders to get the best out of their people.
- Analyze, design, develop, deploy, evaluate initiatives in line with the learning plans and curriculum portfolio.
- Collaborate with stakeholders and/or managers to secure resources, scope efforts, set project priorities, milestones, and drive delivery to meet deadlines to meet program goals.
- Work with, lead and coach colleagues within regional People Services to ensure alignment with best practices, processes and technology.
- Partner with external partners and preferred suppliers to shape, customize and implement learning solutions .
- Implement measures to measure the impact and effectiveness of learning solutions delivered
- Provide domain expertise and thought leadership in best practices regarding talent & leadership development. Ensuring Global consistency and local relevance
You are a seasoned professional that brings a fresh view on accelerated talent & leadership development. An entrepreneurial self-starter who thrives in a fast‐paced and agile environment. You have a strong drive to win and with an assertiveness to challenge the status quo. You are able to build strong relationships and build bridges across the (HR) organization. You are an instinctive collaborator who provides a safe base, values teamwork and the input of others. You have a proactive can-do mentality and are able to balance conceptual thinking with pragmatism and delivering results. You maintain a helicopter view while leveraging your excellent project management and organizational skills.
We celebrate diversity and are committed to creating an inclusive environment for all employees.
- Bachelor or Master degree in Organizational Sciences, I&O Psychology or Human Resource Development
- 5+ years’ progressive experience in organizational learning and development in complex (technical) multinational context. Experience in consultancy is a pre.
- Excellent consultancy, influencing, communication and project and stakeholder management skills. Strong collaboration through servant leadership with a commercial mindset.
- Assertive, flexible, proactive, tenacious, cultural intelligence.
- The position will be based in Marietta (Georgia), North America.
Skills & Competencies
Creativity & innovation
Project & Change Management
Collaboration & Communication
Vanderlande is an equal opportunity/affirmative action employer. Qualified applicants will be considered without regards to race, religion, color, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, age, marital status, veteran status, or disability status.