Do you want to be part of an innovative Technology / R&D organization? Do you enjoy solving and optimizing logistic puzzles? Are you a communicative analyst who wants to develop his/her technical knowledge in a young and enthusiastic team?
Vanderlande’s warehousing solutions are the first choice for major e-commerce players across the globe, helping them to fulfil their promise of same-day delivery for billions of orders. In addition, nine of the 15 largest global food retailers rely on Vanderlande’s efficient and reliable solutions. Our airport’s baggage handling systems are installed in over 600 airports around the globe, capable of moving over 4 billion pieces of baggage around the world per year. For the parcel market our systems handle 52 million parcels per day.
To make sure that these systems meet the performance requirements of our customer, the Simulation and Emulation Department specializes in the analysis of system performance and system behavior by means of simulation models and operational data. The engineers within the department use the results of these analyses to verify that performance requirements are met and to suggest improvements to system designs. We work within all the market segments (Airports, Warehousing and Parcel), for all phases of the life cycle of a system, from R&D and sales, to project execution and life cycle services.
As a logistic simulation engineer, you conduct studies on the dynamic interaction in – and the logistics performance of – the complex material handling systems sold by Vanderlande. You use 3-D simulation software to analyse and solve complex logistic problems. With your analytical skills and proactive attitude, you optimize the system and identify bottlenecks prior to installation at the customer site. You develop conceptual improvements to control strategies and provide customers with tailored advice by thinking creatively when developing your simulation model. After you have gained more experience, your communication skills will enable you to act as a link between the different disciplines involved when working on larger projects.
Required Education and Experience
- 6-10 years relevant work experience (seniority level)
- A Master or Bachelor Degree in Industrial Engineering, computer science, mechanical engineering or similar; with proven knowledge of application to logistic process industry
- Minimal 6 years of logistic process simulation, logistic flow analysis experience
- Solid experience with model building, requirements specification, able to turn abstract concepts into model requirements
- Solid experience in programming languages with object orientation such as Java
- Proven experience in project-driven work-environment
- Track record of leading own project activities independently
Preferred Qualification (Any of the following additional experience are a plus)
- Experienced in working with Atlassian tools (JIRA, Confluence, etc.) or other applications supporting Agile environment
- Working knowledge of Java IDE like IntelliJ, Eclipse, and/or NetBeans
- Able to handle own planning and adapt to deadline-shifts with ease
- Experience with both quantitative and qualitative analysis techniques
- Enthusiastic result-driven professional with proactive, pragmatic and hands-on attitude
- Fast learned with curiosity and strong inquiry skills
- Committed team player
- Proven experience working with colleagues located in different parts of the world
- Strong communication skills with very good command of the English language both in oral as well as written; Dutch is a nice-to-have
- Willing to travel occasionally
- Willing to spend 2 month for an initial training in the Netherlands