Main responsibility of this position will be the coordination and management of deliveries from Europe and APAC towards site warehouses in ANZ and / or direct shipments towards site. This resulting in satisfied internal Vanderlande customers (Project team/site installation/Logistics warehouse) and ultimately better performance, cost, quality and communication.
Tasks and Duties
- Manages complete logistics “on site” process, which includes following:
- Unloading of containers and trucks on site or at off site warehouse
- Staging materials in dedicated staging areas (on site or in off-site warehouse)
- Enter equipment and storage location details in Warehouse Management System (WMS)
- Pick, load and ship equipment from off-site warehouse to staging area on site as requested by site team
- Update WMS for all shipping activities.
- Manage the site logistic teams (on site and in off-site warehouse), labour and drivers (forklift/telehandlers/trucks). Total team size will be up to 15 FTE
- Manage the OH&S adherence and works with Vandelande’s OH&S Manager on drafting SWMS and installation methodology
- Coordinate deliveries from Vanderlande suppliers with shipping departments Vanderlande and vendors
- Coordinate and plan all site deliveries with Site Management Team
- Execute equipment inspections in warehouse with Vanderlande’s Customer upon delivery/request
- Maintain off site warehouse and lay down areas on site (clean/organised/safe and secure)
Qualifications and Skills
- Minimum of 5 years’ experience of logistic management function preferably on a larger construction project
- Team player with strong supervisor skills
- Experienced user of Microsoft office software.
- Experience in working with Warehouse Management System
- Experience in working with a company where safety is always of the utmost importance