Vanderlande is a growing international company, worldwide known for its innovative material handling systems that automate the processes at Airports, Warehouses and Parcels distribution centers. Since this automation is at the core of our customer’s processes, Vanderlande builds long term service partnerships. The Life Cycle Service organization of Vanderlande consists of more than 1.600 employees who work closely together with our customers on a day to day basis to make sure that they have full grip on their business and improvement potential is capitalized.
In 2017, Vanderlande started a unique project in the Netherlands to design, implement and service a fully automated warehouse for Albert Heijn in Zaandam. The system consists out of different types of robots and automated cranes and lifts for the temporary storage of products. Vanderlande and Albert Heijn share a common goal: in time and complete delivery of all the store orders, in the most safe and efficient possible way.
This new and fully automated warehouse is the DC of the future and equips with state of the art technology. It has a surface of 48.000m2 and each day 1800 trucks come and go here to supply more than 330 Albert Heijn shops.
The primary role of the Maintenance Engineer is to determine and advise on maintenance demands and translate maintenance concepts into effective maintenance plans and standard operating procedures.
You will ensure that an effective line of communication is kept with the customer and internal organization to ensure minimal disruption to customer operations and professional management of customer expectations.
In doing this, you will be responsible for the following tasks:
- You translate maintenance concepts into executable and effective maintenance plans.
- You capture all data in Dos Maximo; an ERP maintenance management system;
- You use and develop analysis methods for determining maintenance demands for components, equipment, and systems. Acquire maintenance data and analyses the data to optimize maintenance plans.
- You prepare diagrams, charts, drawings, calculations, and reports for avoiding maintenance delays and to reduce operational impacts. Makes recommendations for improvements of the assets.
- You conduct an analysis and advice on maintainability for modified or new systems and support maintenance planners and technicians in execution of maintenance plans.
- You identify, evaluate and analyze structural problems by root cause analysis to optimize maintenance plans and processes during contract period by analysing the maintenance performance and adjust the planning accordingly to prevent issues in the future
- You develop standard operating procedure and training for maintenance execution
- You draw up improvement plans and lead the execution and are interfacing with the customer
- You participate as maintenance specialist in criticality analyses (RI, FMECA, Process Hazard Analyses, etc.)
- You participate in the development of criteria for and evaluation of equipment and technical MRO suppliers and technical maintenance service providers.
Your qualifications and skills
- A Bachelor or Master degree, preferably in Technical Engineering & management, logistics
- or IT;
- At least 3 years relevant working experience in a similar role, related to maintenance engineering in a technical environment;
- Knowledge of products and tools used for industrial automation, preferably including knowledge of DIN/ISO standards
- Strong reporting, presentation, verbal and oral communication skills in English and preferably Dutch language;
- Experience with an ERP system (Maximo is a plus) and interested in further developing of ours
- Experience in logistics, postal sorting and/or baggage handling systems is a plus;
- A customer-focused approach.
Vanderlande is the global leader for value-added logistic process automation at airports and in the parcel market, as well as a leading supplier of process automation solutions for warehouses. In this world of technology, we believe in people – especially those who are totally dedicated, customer-driven and keen to continue learning throughout their career.
This is embraced by our Vanderlande Academy and International Talent Development programs, with over 800 courses conducted every year. The focus is on freedom while being trusted to deliver, and this is one of the reasons why we received the highest rating of three stars in the Best Employer survey (The Netherlands).
If you’re ambitious and take your long-term career seriously, then please contact us to explore this opportunity to join a company at the top of its game. For more information or to apply for this challenging position, please visit careers.vanderlande.com
What we offer
At Vanderlande you will have the chance to make a significant contribution to industry-leading projects and become connected to our dedicated people and customers. We offer a full-time position in an informal, international and professional working environment with a lot of scope for personal development. By joining our profitable and growing company you will be able to reach your goals and focus on your future.
On top of your fixed salary you’ll receive the following secondary benefits:
- 40 vacation days (20 statutory days and a flexible budget worth 20 days)
- Flexible working hours
- A hybrid workplace (40% working from home and 60% in the office)
- Commuting allowance, including full reimbursement of travel by public transport
- Working from home allowance
- Collective pension scheme and insurance facilities for healthcare
- Vanderlande Academy and training facilities to boost your skills
- A variety in Vanderlande Network communities and initiatives
If this challenging role appeals to you, apply now by filling in the application form and uploading you CV and cover letter.
For more information about this vacancy you can contact our Recruiter Juliëtte van Kraaij via firstname.lastname@example.org .