Maintenance Development Manager
Vanderlande is the global market leader in baggage handling systems for airports, and sorting
systems for parcel and postal services. As a Maintenance Engineer you are primary responsible for the effectiveness of our maintenance plans and asset performance. You determine and advise on maintenance demands and translate maintenance concepts into executable and effective plans and standard procedures. You analyse the maintenance performance during the contract period and make recommendations for improvement and draw up improvement plans.
- Translate maintenance concepts into executable and effective maintenance plans.
- Prepare and implement maintenance plans in our Maximo maintenance management system, including asset tree, inventory management, performance dashboards, reports, etc.
- Ensure installed base records are accurate and complete within the Maximo / CMMS system.
- Validate the quality of maintenance performed and work with the technical team to drive this up to standard.
- Use and develop analysis methods for determining maintenance demands for components, equipment, and systems.
- Acquire maintenance data and analyses the data to optimize maintenance plans.
- Prepare diagrams, charts, drawings, calculations, and reports for avoiding maintenance delays and to reduce operational impacts.
- Analyse equipment performance and make recommendations/initiate CI projects for improvements of the assets.
- Develop, implement and train standard operating procedures.
- Conduct an analysis and advise on maintainability for modified or new systems and support maintenance planners and technicians in execution of maintenance plans.
- Provide technical support and/or initiate for Major Maintenance scoping activities based upon the Life Cycle Plan/Asset Condition
Build Reputation with Customers
Create effective and good working relationships with all departments to ensure that customer expectations are exceeded
Drive to Win
Ensure all requests are dealt with efficiently, ensuring employees have everything required in order to carry out their daily duties.
Working as part of a team to ensure a smooth running of the department and business
Every day better
Responsible for the continuous improvement of system performance and ways of working as well as learning continuously and developing professional potential and ability
Safe Base & We Care
Support a safe working environment within business development through championing and encouragement of a safety-first culture
- Qualified to HNC/ HND, or higher, in a relevant Engineering Discipline
- Maintenance engineering and technical background
- Knowledge of products and tools used for industrial automation
- Able to lead multi-disciplinary teams for developing maintenance plans
- Knowledge of and experience with IBM Maximo or equivalent CMMS
- Is familiar with techniques such as, RCM and FMECA, to improve reliability
- Ability to analyse and extract information to improve MTBF and MTTR
- Knowledge and experience of continuous improvement techniques
- Familiarity with Predictive and Condition Maintenance Techniques
- Able to present technical information to non-technical audience
- Knowledge of MS-Office, IBM Maximo
- Can communicate on different levels in an organization
- Can distinguish main issues from side issues
- Good understanding of industrial automation components