Maintenance Manager (Maternity leave replacement)
As the replacement of the Maintenance Manager at Schiphol, you are responsible for the continuous improvement activities at Schiphol Airport and other members of the Schiphol Group. These activities cover process engineering (continuous improvement, trend monitoring, reporting), data science (dashboarding, data-driven maintenance) and maintenance engineering (life cycle planning, developing maintenance concepts).
Further responsibilities include:
- You will be responsible for managing the team and it’s your responsibility to continuously challenge, develop and further professionalize.
- You will discuss with the costumer solutions mitigating upcoming operational or financial risks.
- You do so with the assistance of your colleagues who are experts in the field of logistical processes, systems, IT, software and maintenance.
- When applicable, you will coordinate closely with the Vanderlande change coordinator to ensure timely execution of necessary changes.
- You will challenge your team to initiate root-cause analysis for high profile incidents and might be requested to run day-to-day management of crisis situations.
- In his/her absence, you will also replace the Operation Manager.
- You will proactively locate and drive improvement opportunities of internal process, tooling and activities.
- You will identify continuous improvement related business opportunities.
- Furthermore, you will act as point of contact for all Process Engineering Airports EMEA activities.
- You will support and drive improvements on other airport sites in the region.
Schiphol is one of our key accounts with which delivery of project and professional services started 20 years ago. At Schiphol more than 70 site service employees are active 24/7 to support Schiphol in operating their day-to-day business. The Vanderlande Service Team Schiphol is responsible for maintenance and optimization of a significant part the baggage handling system and passenger security lanes at Schiphol and other airports in the Benelux. As the manager of a team of onsite process and maintenance engineers, you will be part of the management team. You will directly work together with our client and other Vanderlande departments such as R&D, Global Service Operations and Asset Management.
- You have a Technical degree in Mechatronics, IT, Industrial Engineering or equivalent on Master level,
- >3 years (international) service and contract management, operations and maintenance, and preferably IT management experience of capital goods,
- Natural leader (combination of people & technical skills) and a strong personality, with managing and team building of a group of technical staff,
- Able to streamline communication and be a mature sparring partner on a senior level at both customer as well as internal,
- Contributor to service site development of processes, pricing, product development and marketing,
- You are customer oriented, proactive to reach determined goals, structured and have a drive for continuous improvement,
- Proactive with respect to end-of-supply/end-of-service issues
- You have excellent communication skills, in writing and speaking, in the Dutch and the English language,
- Living in the Netherlands (or willing to move), within commuting distance of Schiphol Airport
If the role of appeals to you, then please apply now by completing the application form, and uploading your CV and covering letter. For more information, please contact Juliëtte van Kraaij on +31 413 495 181