The Maintenance Technicians are the main responder to emergency situations. They carry out preventive and corrective maintenance at the mechanical and electrical level of the material handling system. This will be done during the dwell periods in between the flights and in the other non-operational hours.
Essential Functions (Job Duties and Responsibilities):
- Troubleshoots, repairs, and maintains machinery and electrical equipment such as motors, electrical circuits, SICK ATR systems, baggage handling equipment and conveyor systems in accordance with diagrams, electrical drawings, operational manuals and manufacturer’s specifications using hand tools and precision measuring and testing instruments.
- Exercise safe working practice at all times, complying with Lock-Out/Tag-Out procedures.
- Prepare and execute service calls, Emergency Maintenance and Corrective Maintenance
- Perform Preventive Maintenance & follow-up on Corrective Maintenance work orders
- Report service calls internally and to customer
- Advise and execute optimization of (sub) systems, consulting the supervisor, control and propose improvements for the quality of the service process
- Analyze system performance (and the operator influence)
- Occasionally monitor system from Control Room
- Develop service supporting tools and means
- Un-jam conveyors
- Complete CMMS Service Reports, Parts Usage and Warranty Records
- Research and Request spare parts as required
- Perform Inventory Counts
Required Education and Experience:
- High School Diploma
- Minimum of 1 years’ experience in mechanical or electrical maintenance
- Requires understanding of electrical and mechanical drawings/prints
- Available to work scheduled shifts, which may require work at night, weekends and holidays as required.
- Valid Drivers License
Must be able to attain and sustain an Airport I.D. Badge
- Minimum 1 year CMMS experience
- Minimum 2 years of material handling experience
- Working knowledge of mechanical and electrical systems
- Basic knowledge of controls (PLC, PC) systems
- Flexibility with time, able to shift priorities quickly based on staff and system needs
- Team player
- Strong verbal and written communication skills
- Customer and service oriented
- Proactive and strong work ethic and initiative; who would like to grow and develop within the organization.
- Working knowledge of computers and equipment
- Ability to solve problems under pressure
- Pro-active attitude towards process improvement
Position Type/Expected Hours of Work:
Full time position; 24/7 operation; 3 shifts; overtime, weekend and holiday work is common.
This position requires up no travel.
This position has no supervisory responsibilities. (may fill in for Supervisor during absents)
Work Environment and Physical Demands:
The work environment/physical requirements described here are representative of those an employee may encounter while performing the essential functions of this job:
Technicians work in secured baggage handling areas, in repair stations, or on airfields. They often must meet strict deadlines to maintain flight schedules.
Workers frequently bend, stoop, and reach from ladders and scaffolds. While performing the duties of this job, the employee is regularly required to talk and hear. The employee is frequently required to reach with hands and arms. This position is very active and requires standing, walking, bending, kneeling, stooping, crouching, crawling, and climbing all day. The employee must frequently lift and/or move items over 50 pounds. They will be lifting parts and tools for extended periods of time and handling equipment such as conveyor systems. Technicians identify and fix mechanical problems with machinery, and they commonly work with greasy parts and tools, sometimes in uncomfortable positions.
While performing the duties of this job, the employee is working with and exposed to the baggage handling system, mechanical parts and vibration. The environment can also be loud because of aircraft engines and equipment.
Please note this job description is not designed to cover or contain a comprehensive listing of activities, duties or responsibilities that are required of the employee for this job. Duties, responsibilities and activities may change at any time with or without notice.