The Boarding Bridge Technician performs preventative and corrective maintenance on all boarding bridges, PCA’s, GPU’s, PWC’s, RRS’s, and VDGS. Applicants should have technical knowledge in mechanical bridge repair and adjustments, electrical troubleshooting and repair.
- Demonstrates safe working habits at all times
- Perform maintenance, repairs, inspections, adjustments and upgrades on the mechanical and/or electrical level on boarding bridge systems
- Use of hand tools, power tools and meters for troubleshooting and repair of boarding bridges
- Recognize abnormalities and faulty parts within the boarding bridge systems
- Read and interpret electrical schematics as they relate to boarding bridges
- Ability to read and interpret electrical and hydraulic schematics as they relate to boarding bridges
- Familiar with PLC controls for electro-mechanical troubleshooting
- Ability to understand refrigeration controls and power generation electronic components
- Ability to speak, read, understand and write English
- Assist with Baggage Handling Systems maintenance and repairs as needed
- High School Diploma or GED certificate
- Minimum of 3 years of electrical experience in an industrial environment
- Minimum of 5 years of experience in a maintenance trade
- Possession of a valid driver’s license
- Must be available to work 2nd shift and on call (24/7 rotating schedule)
- Electrical troubleshooting and repair skills
- Strong mechanical aptitude
- Certified or Licensed Electrician
- Knowledge of PLC controls
Must be able to attain and sustain an Airport I.D. Badge, and airport driving permit and a CBP Security seal.
Must hold a valid driver’s license
Position Type/Expected Hours of Work:
Full time position; 24/7 operation; 3 shifts; overtime and weekend work is common.
This position requires no travel.
This position has no supervisory responsibilities.
The physical demands for this position are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job.
While performing the duties of this job, the employee is regularly required to communicate (transmit, convey, receive) information. The specific vision abilities required by this job include close vision, distance vision, color vision, peripheral vision, depth perception and ability to adjust focus. The employee is frequently (26% to 74%) required to climb; reach; sit; and access confined spaces that require kneeling, crawling, and other positions that require physical maneuvering. The employee is constantly (75% or more) required to move and lift objects (luggage bags, stack of tubs, tools, equipment, parts, etc.) of up to 50lbs; bend/twist; stoop; stand; walk; push-pull. The employee is occasionally (up to 25% of the time) required to carry and transfer up to between 50 and 120lbs.
While performing the duties of this job, the employee is frequently exposed to fumes or airborne particles, moving mechanical parts and vibration. The employee is occasionally exposed to a variety of extreme weather conditions. The noise level in the work environment and job sites can be loud due to aircraft engines and equipment.
Employee works in the secured baggage handling area, repair station, airfield, office environment and other areas within the airport. They often must meet strict deadlines to maintain flight schedules.
The physical demands described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job.
Please note this job description is not designed to cover or contain a comprehensive listing of activities, duties or responsibilities that are required of the employee for this job. Duties, responsibilities and activities may change at any time with or without notice.
Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
Vanderlande is an equal opportunity/affirmative action employer. Qualified applicants will be considered without regards to race, religion, color, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, age, marital status, veteran status, or disability status.