Essential Functions (Job Duties and Responsibilities):
- Inspect diagnose and repair mechanical and electrical systems
- Communicate with various parties on the work performed and present status of specialty systems.
- Interpret engineering drawings in reference to layout, location, and operation of the system(s).
- Schedule maintenance tasks to ensure job completion.
- Reporting through CMMS
- React to messages from the Control Room or manager
- Preventive Maintenance – Inspection, adjustment, cleaning, replacement
- Tote running
- Attending to call outs, faults, alarms and warnings, Supervising staff, scheduling, training
- Attending to stoppages and bag jams
Required Education and Experience:
- High School Diploma
- Minimum technical experience in an industrial environment
- Flexible work schedule for 24/7 operations
- Valid Drivers License
Must be able to attain and sustain an Airport I.D. Badge
- Minimum 1 year CMMS experience
- Minimum 2 years of material handling experience
- Working knowledge of mechanical and electrical systems
- Basic knowledge of controls (PLC, PC) systems
- Flexibility with time, able to shift priorities quickly based on staff and system needs
- Team player with strong verbal and written communication skills
- Customer and service oriented
- Proactive and strong work ethic and initiative; who would like to grow and develop within the organization.
- Working knowledge of computers and equipment
- Ability to solve problems under pressure
- Pro-active attitude towards process improvement
Position Type/Expected Hours of Work:
Full time position; 24/7 operation; 3 shifts available; overtime and weekend work is common.
This position requires up no travel.
This position has no supervisory responsibilities.
Work Environment and Physical Demands:
The work environment/physical requirements described here are representative of those an employee may encounter while performing the essential functions of this job:
- This position works in secured baggage handling areas, in repair stations, on airfields or office environment. They often must meet strict deadlines to maintain flight schedules.
- The worker will work in indoor and outdoor airport environments. Temperature can vary: cold temperatures of below 40 degrees, and will be required to wear jacket or warm and hot temperature of 70+ degrees.
- While performing the maintenance aspect duties of this job, the employee regularly works near moving mechanical parts. Operate and maintain equipment and measurement instruments.
- Frequently exposed to the baggage handling system, mechanical parts and vibration. Can be exposed to fumes or airborne particles
- They will lead to identify and fix mechanical problems with machinery, and they commonly work with greasy parts and tools, sometimes in uncomfortable positions.
- Regularly required to talk and hear through a handheld radio and telephone. The environment can also be loud because of aircraft engines and equipment. Noise levels of 110 decibels can be reached at certain times.
- Knowledge and utilization of PPE (i.e., safety glasses, gloves, etc.) is required.
- Workers frequently bend, stoop, and reach from ladders and scaffolds.
- This position is very active and requires standing, walking, bending, kneeling, stooping, crouching, crawling, and climbing all day.
- The employee at times will lift and/or move items over 50 pounds. Regularly lifting parts and tools for extended periods of time and handling equipment such as conveyor systems.
- Specific vision abilities required by this job include close vision and depth perception.
The physical demands described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job.
Please note this job description is not designed to cover or contain a comprehensive listing of activities, duties or responsibilities that are required of the employee for this job. Duties, responsibilities and activities may change at any time with or without notice.
Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.