The Maintenance Technician III is an apprentice position playing a supporting role for maintenance activities of all equipment and systems on her/his assigned shift. S/he will carry out preventive maintenance and also assist in corrective maintenance of baggage handling system and passenger boarding bridges.
Job Duties and Responsibilities:
- Assists in maintenance, troubleshooting and repairs of all mechanical and electrical equipment of the baggage handling system and passenger boarding bridges in accordance with electrical drawings, operations and maintenance manuals and manufacturer’s specifications.
- Exercise safe working practice at all times, especially complying with Lock-Out/Tag-Out procedures.
- Assist in executing service calls
- Responsible for safe work practices
Required Education and Experience:
- High school diploma or equivalent
- Minimum of 2 years’ experience in mechanical and electrical maintenance
- Must demonstrate continued education through certifications in electrical and/or mechanical systems from accredited colleges, vocational schools or OEM’s, that is appropriate to the job level
- Basic understanding of electrical schematics and mechanical drawings
- Valid driver’s license
Knowledge, Skills and Abilities (Competencies)
- Strong troubleshooting and problem solving skills
- Versed in operations and maintenance
- Flexibility with time, able to shift priorities quickly based on staff and system needs
- Strong verbal and written communication skills
- Customer and service oriented
- Proactive and strong work ethic and initiative; who would like to grow and develop within the organization
- Ability to work independently
Position Type/Expected Hours of Work:
Full time position; 24/7 operation; 3 shifts; overtime, weekend and holiday work. Shifts can be 1st, 2nd, 3rd or mid-shift. Flexibility is required.
Work Environment and Physical Demands:
The work environment/physical requirements described here are representative of those an employee may encounter while performing the essential functions of this job: Technicians work in secured baggage handling areas, in repair stations, or on airfields. They often must meet strict deadlines to maintain flight schedules.
Workers frequently bend, stoop, and reach from ladders and scaffolds. While performing the duties of this job, the employee is regularly required to talk and hear. The employee is frequently required to reach with hands and arms. This position is very active and requires standing, walking, bending, kneeling, crouching, crawling, and climbing all day. The employee must frequently lift and/or move items over 50 pounds. They will be lifting parts and tools for extended periods of time and handling equipment such as conveyor systems. Technicians identify and fix mechanical problems with machinery, and they commonly work with greasy parts and tools, sometimes in uncomfortable positions.
While performing the duties of this job, the employee is working with and exposed to the baggage handling system, mechanical parts and vibration. Working on the passenger boarding bridges require being outside in inclement weather.
Please note this job description is not designed to cover or contain a comprehensive listing of activities, duties or responsibilities that are required of the employee for this job. Duties, responsibilities and activities may change at any time as needed for the operation at the discretion of management.