The Maintenance Technicians are the main responder to emergency situations. They carry out preventive and corrective maintenance at the mechanical and electrical level of the material handling system. This will be done during the dwell periods in between the flights and in the other non-operational hours.
Essential Functions (Job Duties and Responsibilities):
- Troubleshoots, repairs, and maintains machinery and electrical equipment such as motors, electrical circuits, SICK ATR systems, package handling equipment and conveyor systems in accordance with diagrams, electrical drawings, operational manuals and manufacturer’s specifications using hand tools and precision measuring and testing instruments.
- Exercise safe working practice at all times, complying with Lock-Out/Tag-Out procedures.
- Prepare and execute service calls, Emergency Maintenance and Corrective Maintenance
- Perform Preventive Maintenance & follow-up on Corrective Maintenance work orders
- Report service calls internally and to customer
- Advise and execute optimization of (sub) systems, consulting the supervisor, control and propose improvements for the quality of the service process
- Analyze system performance (and the operator influence)
- Occasionally monitor system from Control Room
- Develop service supporting tools and means
- Un-jam conveyors
- Complete CMMS Service Reports, Parts Usage and Warranty Records
- Research and Request spare parts as required
- Perform Inventory Counts
Required Education and Experience:
- High School Diploma
- Minimum of 1 years’ experience in mechanical or electrical maintenance
- Requires understanding of electrical and mechanical drawings/prints
- Available to work scheduled shifts, which may require work at night, weekends and holidays as required.
- Valid Drivers License
Must be able to attain and sustain an Airport I.D. Badge
- Minimum 1 year CMMS experience
- Minimum 2 years of material handling experience
- Working knowledge of mechanical and electrical systems
- Basic knowledge of controls (PLC, PC) systems
- Flexibility with time, able to shift priorities quickly based on staff and system needs
- Team player
- Strong verbal and written communication skills
- Customer and service oriented
- Proactive and strong work ethic and initiative; who would like to grow and develop within the organization.
- Working knowledge of computers and equipment
- Ability to solve problems under pressure
- Pro-active attitude towards process improvement
Position Type/Expected Hours of Work:
Full time position; 24/7 operation; 3 shifts; overtime, weekend and holiday work is common.
This position may require minimal travel
This position may require minimal supervisory responsibilities as a lead technician
The physical demands for this position are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job.
While performing the duties of this job, the employee is regularly required to communicate (transmit, convey, receive) information. The specific vision abilities required by this job include close vision, distance vision, color vision, peripheral vision, depth perception and ability to adjust focus. The employee is frequently (26% to 74%) required to climb; reach; sit; and access confined spaces that require kneeling, crawling, and other positions that require physical maneuvering. The employee is constantly (75% or more) required to move and lift objects (luggage bags, stack of tubs, tools, equipment, parts, etc.) of up to 50lbs; bend/twist; stoop; stand; walk; push-pull. The employee is occasionally (up to 25% of the time) required to carry and transfer up to between 50 and 120lbs.
While performing the duties of this job, the employee is frequently exposed to fumes or airborne particles, moving mechanical parts and vibration. The employee is occasionally exposed to a variety of extreme weather conditions. The noise level in the work environment and job sites can be loud due to aircraft engines and equipment.
Employee works in the secured baggage handling area, repair station, airfield, office environment and other areas within the airport. They often must meet strict deadlines to maintain flight schedules.
The physical demands described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job.
Please note this job description is not designed to cover or contain a comprehensive listing of activities, duties or responsibilities that are required of the employee for this job. Duties, responsibilities and activities may change at any time with or without notice.