Are you able to manage multiple disciplines during a customer crisis? Do you know how to make Problem Management happen in a complex, international environment? Are you ready to join us for our next step within the challenging environment of our Vanderlande Customer Service Desk?
The Vanderlande Service Desk EU/APAC is located in our headquarters in Veghel, The Netherlands, and operates internationally with the task of supporting our customers and local service staff by analyzing problems and advising them on their Material Handling Systems issues. They cover all functional areas in IT and OT, e.g. 1st line service desk, 2nd- and 3rd line support teams. The Service Desk EU/APAC is an important link between different service organizations and the customers.
You will join a team of Major Incident Managers, who are available 24/7 via a standby rotation. Together with your leadership-skills and natural authority; excellent collaboration and communication skills are necessary to coordinate and solve complex customer crises. As a Major Incident Manager, your task is to coordinate a team of technical experts and manage stakeholder communication during the crisis. You use your problem solving skills to come up with an effective approach towards reduction or elimination of the customer impact.
In the aftercare you are responsible to follow up on the lessons learned to prevent reoccurrence of the same situation. You also need to take care of the necessary problem management tasks as part of ITIL, which includes the Root Cause Analysis Process. Together with your colleagues you will strengthen and improve our ITIL processes and make sure there is a continuous improvement cycle in place.
Tasks and responsibilities
- Managing Major Incident response teams by setting priorities to enable a swift resolution
- Ensure appropriate communication and escalations within Vanderlande and towards our customers during a Major Incident
- Coordinate teams to methodically find Root Causes for complex problems via the CoThink RATIO method
- Assure adequate planning and follow-up of corrective and preventive actions within the Problem Management process
- Monitor and report to management on performance and process adherence of the Major Incident Management and Problem Management Processes
- Act on findings via a continuous improvement cycle to improve the Major Incident Management and Problem Management process
- Lead or participate in ITIL process improvement projects
As a Major Incident Manager you have strong analytical abilities, problem solving skills, and you are not afraid to take the initiative and make decisions. You can demonstrate success in influencing cross functional teams and driving results in a matrix organization.
- You finished a bachelor or master degree in a relevant study;
- Working and management experience (> 10 years) with highly complex incidents and problems in a service organization;
- ITIL practitioner, preferably on Expert or Managing Professional level;
- You have a strong customer focus and are able to adapt to different management styles, personality types and cultures;
- You are able to multi task, set priorities and manage time effectively;
- Good command of (business) English;
- You are flexible with working hours in case of major incidents (depending on a 24/7 standby schedule).
- Problem Solving skills like the Kepner & Tregoe or CoThink RATIO methods are preferred
- You are a fast learner and understand new technologies and basic concepts quickly
Vanderlande is the global leader for value-added logistic process automation at airports and in the parcel market, as well as a leading supplier of process automation solutions for warehouses. In this world of technology, we believe in people – especially those who are totally dedicated, customer-driven and keen to continue learning throughout their career.
This is embraced by our Vanderlande Academy and International Talent Development programmes, with over 800 courses conducted every year. The focus is on freedom while being trusted to deliver, and this is one of the reasons why we received the highest rating of three stars in the Best Employer survey (The Netherlands).
If you’re ambitious and take your long-term career seriously, then please contact us to explore this global opportunity to join a company at the top of its game. For more information or to apply for this challenging position, please visit careers.vanderlande.com
If the challenging profile of Major Incident Manager appeals to you, apply now by filling in the application form and uploading you CV and cover letter. For more information about this vacancy, please contact Laura Deckers via firstname.lastname@example.org.