The Asset Management Consultant is the lead Asset mgmt. and Reliability engineering Competence Owner for our North American Service organization. The role will drive new innovation and develop new service strategies with the objective to exceed customer expectations. The Asset mgmtmgmt. consultant plays a key role in the selling and execution of Life Cycle Services in the field of asset management and reliability engineering. The Asset mgmt. consultant drives new strategical and/or tactical initiatives in the territory of value adding life cycle service solutions. This role Facilitates the tactical translation of Customer Asset and Operations performance requirements into a Service strategy and solution that can be executed at customer locations. This position provides management consultancy on commercial (internal) and operational excellence (customer) in delivering our total solution for life cycle services proposition.
Essential Functions (Job Duties and Responsibilities):
- Supports the North American Service department in the development and delivery of the Vanderlande Asset Mgmt. Service strategy.
- Act as a team lead on large and strategic projects by supporting Senior Managers and VP of Service in partnering with executives and decision-makers to develop, communicate and implement recommendations.
- Support Service Sales managers in development of new leads and opportunities by delivering competence support, such as Maintenance Asset Management, Reliability and RAMS engineering and consultancy.
- Provide guidance and verification of service solutions during sales processes to ensure the proposed solutions will meet the requirements of the customer.
- Participate in developing proposals, statements of work, and client presentations for new business opportunities.
- Contribute to work plans, risk assessments, change readiness assessments and cost-benefit analyses for new service propositions.
- Development of service propositions that identify and address customer needs (current as well as future needs)
- Improve the realization of value for their organization from their asset base
- Support customer in the development of their Asset mgmt Service strategy
- Define, develop and implement the Vanderlande service proposition
- Design new service concepts, embedding enabling technology
- Standardize the service offering and service delivery across the North American business and align Global best practices for establishment, implementation, maintenance and improvement of an asset management system.
- Utilize knowledge of different maintenance strategies to configure service solutions based on the customers needs.
- Actively maintaining/aligning contact with Service Account Managers regarding the service strategy, providing support in increasing the service revenue e.g. by helping to prepare and submit proposals.
- Offer and execute Asset mgmt. consultancy services.
- Setting standards for service activities and developing initiatives to improve the global way of working for planning, design, implementation and review of asset management activities.
- Provide feedback to R&D on areas where product development can enhance the asset performance and/or design changes can improve the maintainability of an asset.
Required Education and Experience:
- Bachelor’s Degree or a combination of relevant experience and education
- Strong interest in Industrial Automation and Customer Services (B2B),
- Experienced in service development and service optimization, as a management consultant and project or program manager
- Field of expertise is preferably asset management and reliability engineering
- Maintenance management experience including leading root cause failure analysis (FMEAC / FMEA / RCFA)
- Knowledge of asset management processes, procedures and practices including familiarity with PAS-55 and/or ISO 55001/2.
- Drive to win, result and goal oriented with a hands-on mentality
- Comprehensive understanding of global Business Services (B2B) in project driven industries
- Developing value adding propositions and business models for Services
- Focus on continuous improvement, project- and program management skills
- Excellent communication, presentation and negotiation skills
- Ability to prioritize and manage multiple tasks and meeting all agreed deadlines
- Demonstrated ability to build relationships and teams across all levels
- Must possess a passport
- Work experience in warehouse / logistics / manufacturing environments is beneficial
- Experience or familiarity in continuous improvement methodologies (e.g. Six Sigma, LEAN, etc.)
- Customer orientation/Service Provision
- Ability to listen
- Organizational sensitivity
- Planning & organizing
- Ability to present
- Results oriented
Position Type/Expected Hours of Work:
This is a full-time position, Monday through Friday
Willingness to travel up to 25%
Please note this job description is not designed to cover or contain a comprehensive listing of activities, duties or responsibilities that are required of the employee for this job. Duties, responsibilities and activities may change at any time with or without notice. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.