A typical week is mainly about managing multiple projects and coordinating installations. You’re regularly checking in on your staff and makes sure that the tickets are dealt with accordingly and promptly. We make sure the design matches the program requirements and that customer escalations are handled well. What makes me smile is the team I am working with. The team is very motivated and knowledgeable because they have been involved since the conceptual stage. (Manager Pax Deployment Group).
What will you be doing?
The Pax Deployment Group (PDG) Manager will report to the Executive Director Project Execution in Customer Centre EMEA LATAM and will be responsible for the successful implementation of projects and service contracts within Europe supporting the Business Customer Centers throughout North Amerika, Europe Middle East & Africa, Latin America and Asia Pacific.
Manage customers and stakeholders throughout the project and service contract life cycle, accountable for Project Planning, Project Management, Installations and all resources for both greenfield as brownfield (upgrade) projects, and work with Service teams on existing support contracts and ensuring the PDG team provide escalation support to achieve the company’s KPI’s and SLA’s. They will also be responsible for working with partners within Vanderlande and external to Vanderlande to ensure quality and safety throughout deployments.
The candidate must have a good knowledge of the Aviation Security rules and laws including but not restricted to the current ECAC and TSA regulations, and ideally have a good understanding of aviation cybersecurity regulations within each location.
Must have a good knowledge of IT systems, PLC controls and process improvement at a practical system level. Act as a technical sparring partner for the customer and be able to support and challenge those inside and outside your team to be able to make timely improvements.
Your tasks and responsibilities:
New and Existing Projects within Europe:
- Work with Project Management to ensure successful deployment of projects;
- Manage customer and stakeholder through project implementation;
- Provide onsite presence as necessary during project implementation;
- Manage the Program Management Process for all new projects and Support updates;
- Oversee the P&L of Installation contracts working with the assigned Project Manager and advise sales engineering of buildup of costs costs/hours and risks during bid stage;
- Undertake Project reviews at sales and at implementation stages to ensure viable and technically correct;
- Post-project review to ensure lessons learnt.
Service Contracts within Europe:
- Work with Service organization to ensure successful implementation of support contracts;
- Prove escalation support to meet and exceed the customers’ expectations;
- Oversee the P&L of service contracts and advise sales engineering of make-up of costs/hours and risk during bid stage
- Identify improvements to existing implementations of the product including integrations of Pax Multiplex and Pax Advance;
- Work with internal and external partners to implement the improvements through the proper change management process in combination with Engineering;
- Work with the Product Managers to ensure product cycle meets customers’ needs and can continue to be maintained and updated as required;
- Work with Technology department (R&D), Engineering to ensure best cost-effective solutions are developed and implanted for the long term and for special needs;
- Support the Sales team, identify new opportunities, give technical and resourcing feedback, timelines, and coordinate with Sales Engineering as required;
- Ensure billing plans are created, and accounts payable are applied and process followed. Liaising and working with finance management to ensure accuracy in accounts (Use of Hubble);
- Use of Dos Maximo and understand the service take over process. Act as Service Contract Manager where applicable and work with customer centers Contract Managers;
- Ensure team follow up within Dos Maximo on all open incidents, problems to ensure timely resolution.
- Successfully completed education at degree level in Mechatronics, Electrical or ICT;
- Minimum 3-5 years leading technical experienced in an industrial environment (preferably with conveyor systems or relatable industries as Automotive, Food, Oil & Gas);
- Having relevant experience in ICT networking and database structures;
- Technical knowledge of: Dos, Linux, PLC controls, Fortran or Python;
- Ability to focus on optimizing Vanderlande bottom line, connecting with peers in other CC’s to arrive to optimized results over CC’s;
- Excellent verbal and written skills in English. (French and Spanish would be advantageous);
- Willing to travel up to 50% of the working time
- Strong customer focus and persistent in delivering results;
- A result oriented mindset; high ability to think, act and decide to achieve the intended objectives and results;
- Has the ability to translate vision into a realistic implementation plan;
- Entrepreneurial skills in terms of innovation and problem solving and a strong commercial awareness;
- Leadership flexibility in working with different cultures and maturity levels;
- Process oriented, strong analytical capabilities.
Vanderlande PAX Deployment Group is part of Customer Centre EMEA LATAM within the Airports and Parcels Solutions BU that ensures to deliver effective and valuable security checkpoint solutions. We listen and work closely with our customers so that they will succeed. Our products aim to improve operational efficiency while maintaining security standards at checkpoints.
In addition to its unparalleled expertise in baggage handling systems, Vanderlande is also a market leader in airport security checkpoint solutions with multiple references worldwide. Airports have embraced the unique functionalities of Vanderlande PAX Solutions, combining to date Automated Tray Return Systems (ATRS) and Central Image Processing (CIP). These systems are installed and fully operational processing passengers daily within Iceland, Norway, Netherlands, Belgium, Denmark, Spain, Czech Republic, Portugal, Estonia, Belarus, Croatia, USA, Japan, Australia and many others.
For more information about PAX, click on the following link: The World Of Vanderlande: The World Of Vanderlande: Eindhoven Airport (youtube.com)
What we offer:
This position offers a competitive salary based on your experience. Through exceeding performance expectations, you even have the possibility to grow outside this scale. You will be compensated for the extensive travel component of this role. On top of your fixed salary you’ll receive the following secondary benefits:
- 40 vacation days (20 statutory days and a flexible budget worth 20 days);
- Flexible working hours;
- A hybrid workplace (40% working from home and 60% in the office);
- A Health & Wellbeing budget worth €300,- per calendar year;
- Commuting allowance, including full reimbursement of travel by public transport;
- Working from home allowance;
- Collective pension scheme and discount on additional health insurance;
- On-site company health centers with a gym, physiotherapists and occupational therapists;
- Vanderlande Academy and training facilities to boost your skills;
- A variety in Vanderlande Network communities and initiatives;
- And a great company restaurant and coffee bar with barista.
If the role of Manager PAX Deployment Group appeals to you, then please apply now!
For more information on the position, please contact Robbert van der Vorst on +31 6 23 41 74 15 or via mail Robbert.email@example.com.