The Production Planning & Scheduling Manager is responsible for creating, executing, and overseeing production planning and scheduling strategies. This role will lead all Capacity Planning efforts, represent manufacturing in Sales & Operations Planning processes. It will require interface with several functional teams across the organization to establish processes that may impact customer delivery performance and promote operational efficiencies. The primary goal of this role is to strive for optimal production processes and deliver complete, correct, and on-time to our customers.
- Oversee internal process to plan, schedule, coordinate, and approve release of production orders to all manufacturing departments based on material availability and manufacturing constraints.
- Monitor all supplier delivery performance failures proactively to minimize disruptions to production schedules, escalating critical supply issues to leadership as needed.
- Ensure planners communicate proactively with internal teams to reschedule production in the event design changes, labor and material shortages, backlogs, and other schedule interruptions.
- Lead internal S&OP processes utilizing customer forecasts to establish an operations plan that meets customers lead time, expectations, optimizes inventory turns and operational efficiencies, and minimizes internal bottlenecks.
- Establish material planning and scheduling parameters to meet inventory turns goal.
- Identify inventory reduction opportunities and take actions to implement.
- Develop internal stock strategies to mitigate production bottlenecks and support aggressive customer lead time commitments while minimizing slow moving excess inventories.
- Bachelor’s in supply chain strongly preferred. Minimum 5 years’ experience in leu of degree.
- Strong ERP experience (JDE preferred).
- Manufacturing experience.
- 2-3 years management experience.
- APEx/CPMI certification.
Please note this job description is not designed to cover or contain a comprehensive listing of activities, duties, or responsibilities that are required of the employee for this job. Duties, responsibilities, and activities may change at any time with or without notice.
Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
Vanderlande is an equal opportunity/affirmative action employer. Qualified applicants will be considered without regards to race, religion, color, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, age, marital status, veteran status, or disability status.