The Manufacturing Engineer I will develop, evaluate, and improve manufacturing methods, utilizing knowledge of product design, materials and parts, fabrication processes, tooling and production equipment capabilities, assembly methods, and quality control standards. Incumbent will respond to manufacturing issues and concerns to ensure products are produced to specifications and according to manufacturing schedules while ensuring efficient use of resources.
Essential Functions (Job Duties and Responsibilities):
- Develop, evaluate, and improve manufacturing processes by applying knowledge of product design, product requirements, fabrication, assembly, tooling and materials.
- Determine the processes, identify the material and supplies to be used
- Establish bills of material, manufacturing routings, and machine burdens.
- Create work instructions and quality control sheets for products to be manufactured.
- Establish customer and internal engineering change orders and ensure changes become effective.
- Perform engineering activities in compliance with established company and manufacturing standards, engineering principles, customer requirements, and related specifications.
- Apply continuous improvement methods such as lean manufacturing to enhance manufacturing quality, reliability, and cost effectiveness.
- Assure product and process quality by designing testing methods, testing finished product and process capabilities, establishing standards and confirming manufacturing processes.
- Assist on investigating and analyzing manufacturing problems to determine causes and to implement corrective actions.
- Assist in creating, implementing, and maintaining work standard records, including engineering and estimation of set-up and run times for all manufacturing processes.
- Assist in feasibility studies.
- Assist in creating, implementing, and monitoring key performance indicators and metrics.
- Perform other assignments as directed by the Senior Manufacturing Manager.
Required Education and Experience:
- Bachelor’s degree (BA/BS), or equivalent related work experience
- Experience utilizing SolidWorks and CAD
- Experience in the metal manufacturing industry is a plus.
- JDE experience is a plus
- Knowledge of project management fundamentals is a plus
- Lean Six Sigma or other Continuous Exposure is a plus
- Knowledge of Microsoft Office package.
- Knowledge of blueprints, welding symbols, material properties and equipment for metal manufacturing.
- Knowledge of the practical application of engineering science/technology including applying principles, techniques, procedures, and equipment to the design and production of manufactured parts.
- Knowledge of machines and tools, including their designs, uses, repair, and maintenance.
- Knowledge of design techniques, tools, and standards involved in production of precision technical plans, blueprints, drawings, and models.
- Knowledge of arithmetic, algebra, geometry, calculus, statistics, and their applications.
- Knowledge of raw materials, production processes, quality control, costs, and other techniques for maximizing the effective manufacture and distribution of goods.
Position Type/Expected Hours of Work:
This is a full-time position, Monday through Friday, 8:00 a.m. to 5 p.m. Schedule is subject to change based on business needs. May be required to work overtime on occasion.
This position occasionally requires travel to the Corporate office in Marietta, GA
This position has no supervisory responsibilities.
Work Environment and Physical Demands:
The work environment/physical requirements described here are representative of those an employee may encounter while performing the essential functions of this job. While performing the duties of this job, the employee regularly works near moving mechanical parts including operating and maintaining equipment and measurement instruments.
The physical demands described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job. The employee must regularly lift and /or move up to 10 pounds, frequently lift and/or move up to 25 pounds and occasionally lift and/or move up to 50 pounds. Specific vision abilities required by this job include close vision and depth perception.
While performing the duties of this job, the employee is regularly required to talk and hear. This position is very active and requires standing, walking, bending, kneeling, stooping, crouching, crawling, and climbing all day.
Please note this job description is not designed to cover or contain a comprehensive listing of activities, duties or responsibilities that are required of the employee for this job. Duties, responsibilities and activities may change at any time with or without notice. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
Equal Opportunity Employer
Vanderlande is an equal opportunity/affirmative action employer. Qualified applicants will be considered without regards to race, religion, color, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, age, marital status, veteran status, or disability status.