The Manufacturing Engineering Manager oversees the development, deployment and sustainment of lean manufacturing engineering processes. This role will drive manufacturing engineering projects to reduce cost, improve productivity, product quality, and process improvement with a strong emphasis on Lean Manufacturing. This individual will lead a team in a fast-paced environment while providing a culture that inspires positive employee engagement.
Essential Functions (Job Duties and Responsibilities):
- Lead a team through mentoring, development, and performance management
- Support the team through hands-on involvement on production floor focusing on overall safety and process improvements
- Design manufacturing processes, tools, procedures and production layouts for assemblies, equipment installation, processing, machining and material handling
- Develop manufacturing processes that are applicable to statistical process control
- Ensure all processes and procedures are in compliance with regulations
- Manage manufacturing lead times with regards to wait, move, queue, set-up, and run.
- Manage all cost estimating processes and ensure timely submittal of accurate estimates.
- Lead Manufacturing Engineering continuous improvement efforts for process improvement, product quality, process quality, lead time reduction, and cost reduction
- Initiates corrective action of problems and deficiencies to ensure product quality
- Lead Capital Investment projects including process approval, CapEx justification, quoting, project plan development, and project implementation
- Lead strategic analysis involving make v. buy and core competency justifications
- Lead New Product Introduction efforts for manufacturing
- Coordinate interface with outside VI engineering departments regarding process and product improvements and error correction
Required Education and Experience:
- 7+ years of experience in a manufacturing environment
- Proven experience in a leadership role
- Degree in Manufacturing, Industrial or Mechanical Engineering or related field
- Lean certification a plus
- Experience in a conveyor or material handling field
- Must have superb problem solving and project management skills
- Ability to multi-task and prioritize both daily issues and strategic projects
- Ability to work closely with department supervision and production workers
- Ability to work in a fast paced and dynamic environment
- Ability to work closely with department managers and production workers
Position Type/Expected Hours of Work:
This is a full-time position
This position may require 10% travel.
This position has supervisory responsibilities.
Work Environment and Physical Demands:
The work environment/physical requirements described here are representative of those an employee may encounter while performing the essential functions of this job. While performing the duties of this job, the employee is frequently exposed to fumes or airborne particles, moving mechanical parts and vibration. The noise level in the work environment and job sites can be loud.
The physical demands described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job. While performing the duties of this job, the employee is regularly required to talk and hear. This position can be active at times and requires standing, walking, bending, kneeling, stooping, crouching, crawling, and climbing.
Please note this job description is not designed to cover or contain a comprehensive listing of activities, duties or responsibilities that are required of the employee for this job. Duties, responsibilities and activities may change at any time with or without notice.
Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
Vanderlande is an equal opportunity/affirmative action employer. Qualified applicants will be considered without regards to race, religion, color, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, age, marital status, veteran status, or disability status.