Job Description – Production Planner
Looking for Strategic Planner, with ERP/MRP experience, capable of navigating the system to create system reliance. 3 years of minimum experience in a mature planning environment is required. The Production Planner is responsible for planning and controlling the machines, employees, and resources within Manufacturing. The primary goal of the Production Planner is to strive for an optimal production process and to deliver existing and new orders to the customer completely and in a correct and timely manner.
Essential Functions (Job Duties and Responsibilities):
- Independently sets a daily and weekly schedule based on the ERP system while taking account of the current situation at that time
- Independently monitor progress and make suggestions for improvement in the event of stagnation
- Monitor the planning and maintain contact with Manufacturing Engineering, Group Leader Assembly and Purchasing
- Ensure optimal coordination of production levels and materials
- Manage the administrative processing of planning data
- Maintain clear open communication with all involved departments within the organization
- Report difficulties in time and guarantees continuity in planning meetings
- Agree to the most correct and feasible delivery times with colleagues
- Create proposals for maintaining and optimizing the planning
- Provide advice on improving processes based on Lean manufacturing
Required Education and Experience:
- Extensive knowledge of ERP/MRP (minimum of 3 years)
- Setting order modifiers, planning for optimal shop efficiency must.
- Prior experience using JD Edwards MRP
- Drawing up day-week planning and monitoring progress
- Coordination of planning with involved departments
- Ability to communicate clearly and openly in a team environment
- Prior experience attending planning consultations
- Prior experience making suggestions for continuous improvement
- Building team spirit
- Develop technical expertise
- Monitor and maintain quality
- Maintain productivity levels
- Show commitment
- Show attention to safety
- Targeted communication
- Find and introduce changes (continuous improvement)
Position Type/Expected Hours of Work:
This is a full-time position. Monday through Friday, 8:00 to 5:00, full-time schedule is subject to change based on business needs. May be required to work overtime, weekends on special projects.
This position does not require travel.
This position has no supervisory responsibilities.
Work Environment and Physical Demands:
- The work environment/physical requirements described here are representative of those an employee may encounter while performing the essential functions of this job. Employee will be subject to warehouse environment, Noise levels of 90 decibels can be reached at certain times. Can be exposed to fumes or airborne particles while in manufacturing environment.
- The physical demands described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job. While performing the duties of this job, the employee is regularly required to talk and hear.
- Please note this job description is not designed to cover or contain a comprehensive listing of activities, duties or responsibilities that are required of the employee for this job. The duties, responsibilities and activities of an employee may change at any time with or without notice.
- Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
Vanderlande is an equal opportunity/affirmative action employer. Qualified applicants will be considered without regards to race, religion, color, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, age, marital status, veteran status, or disability status.