The Production Planner is responsible for planning and controlling the machines, employees, and resources within Manufacturing. The primary goal of the Production Planner is to strive for an optimal production process and, moreover, to deliver existing and new orders to the customer in a timely, complete and correct manner.
Essential Functions (Job Duties and Responsibilities):
- Independently sets a daily and weekly schedule based on the ERP system and takes into account the current situation at that time
- Independently monitor progress and make suggestions for improvement in the event of stagnation
- Monitor the planning and maintain contact with Manufacturing Engineering, Group Leader Assembly and Purchasing
- Ensure optimal coordination of production levels and materials
- Manage the administrative processing of planning data
- Maintain clear open communication with all involved departments within the organization
- Report difficulties in time and guarantees continuity in planning meetings
- Agree to the most correct and feasible delivery times with colleagues
- Create proposals for maintaining and optimizing the planning
- Provide advice on improving processes based on Lean manufacturing
Required Education and Experience:
- Knowledge of ERP systems and planning systems
- Processing data
- Drawing up day-week planning and monitoring progress
- Coordination of planning with involved departments
- Ability to communicate clearly and openly in a team environment
- Prior experience attending planning consultations
- Prior experience making suggestions for continuous improvement
- Building team spirit
- Develop technical expertise
- Monitor and maintain quality
- Maintain productivity levels
- Show commitment
- Show attention to safety
- Targeted communication
- Find and introduce changes (continuous improvement)
Position Type/Expected Hours of Work:
This is a full-time position. Monday through Friday, full-time schedule is subject to change based on business needs. May be required to work overtime, weekends, and shiftwork.
This position does not require travel.
This position has no supervisory responsibilities.
Work Environment and Physical Demands:
The work environment/physical requirements described here are representative of those an employee may encounter while performing the essential functions of this job. Employee will be subject to warehouse environment, cold temperatures of 40 degrees , and will be required to wear jacket. Noise levels of 90 decibels can be reached at certain times. Can be exposed to fumes or airborne particles while in manufacturing environment.
The physical demands described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job. While performing the duties of this job, the employee is regularly required to talk and hear.
Please note this job description is not designed to cover or contain a comprehensive listing of activities, duties or responsibilities that are required of the employee for this job. Duties, responsibilities and activities may change at any time with or without notice.
Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.