The fast-changing markets in Warehousing (WS) require strategic focus and direction. The Market Director owns and develops the strategy, vision and roadmap for the segment General Merchandise and Fashion (GMF) and communicates these convincingly both internally and externally.
As Market Director, you are the strategic owner of the market segment. The market segment GMF requires a solid translation of validated market insights and segment specific needs into up-to-date segment plans, which are used to create global alignment & clear road mapping. Through defining market focus & financial impact, your decisions steer the overall business development for Vanderlande both in volume and value.
Tactically you will steer on business opportunities and increasing the competitiveness of our solutions portfolio. You drive the development of market leading solutions and are responsible for the quality of their business cases. You will work within a highly dynamic team in close collaboration with commercial and technical departments to align on strategic developments for products and markets, including the development of life cycle services. You act as a trusted and credible sparring partner for the BU management.
In this position, you will:
- Own the strategic segment plans – through quarterly segment updates: product development roadmap, (competitive) trends and geographic focus.
- Develop and drive the multi-year segment strategy
- Increase the market share and profitability of our business in the GMF market
- Chair the multidisciplinary FlightPlan Team for your segment, assuring continuous alignment between technology, supply chain and services with Key Account and Customer Center needs.
- Present and drive roadmap decisions towards BU MT and Vanderlande’s board of directors
- Create and drive the segment value proposition and end to end lifecycle
- Lead technically oriented colleagues with conviction and by example
- Take an active and positive role in shaping the organizational structure
- Steer profound market insights discovery (market segments, customers, competitors, technology) and manage their translation into differentiated solutions together with R&D
- formulate crisp and actionable USP’s & value propositions as input for market communication.
- Own the go-to-market program for the segment specific market leading solutions by actively supporting local sales organizations (i.e. sales tools, hands-on marketing/sales product training, and action plans to drive top and bottom line performance in your segment)
- Actively support and contribute to the business success with our defined Key Accounts
The Strategy and Markets department within the BU WS focuses on the profitable development of the business. and has three segment teams, each headed by a market director: General Merchandise & Fashion, Food and Amazon. These market segment teams create and evaluate winning concepts and strategies to keep our customers competitive in their business. To stay ahead of the game in the present and anticipated growth of the WS market to well over 1Bio€ order intake, we are now looking for a highly motivated Market Director.
- Master's degree in business or equivalent discipline – NIMA C
- Experienced in Logistics, General Merchandise or Fashion businesses
- Affinity and experience within technical B2B field
- More than 5 years’ experience in management and realizing a business program
- Able to challenge the way things have been done, respectfully drive change and focus.
- Comfortable to present and communicate on C-level, flexible in communication styles
- Experience in working with multinational teams within a matrix organization.
- Proven analytical, result-driven and pragmatic problem-solving skills.
- Willingness to travel internationally (+/-20%).
- Excellent command of English and preferably another language.
- Creative mindset, strong customer focus.
For questions regarding the selection process you can contact Joost van den Eijnden, Recruiter, T +31413-495288