Vanderlande is the global market leader for value-added logistic process automation at airports, and in the parcel market. The company is also a leading supplier of process automation solutions for warehouses.
The company focuses on the optimisation of its customers’ business processes and competitive positions. Through close cooperation, it strives for the improvement of their operational activities and the expansion of their logistical achievements. Vanderlande’s extensive portfolio of integrated solutions – innovative systems, intelligent software and life-cycle services – results in the realisation of fast, reliable and efficient automation technology.
The Electrical & Mechanical Engineering department is responsible for the design and implementation of warehouse project solutions for food, fashion, and general merchandise segments. We do this using advanced technologies and in close teamwork with other departments such as Sales, Project Management, Controls, Software and Site Management.
As Mechanical Project Engineer you'll be working mainly on developing the CAD layouts for the material handling systems and creating detailed installation drawings. You'll be part of a multidisciplinary project team and work closely with other departments for design, specification, commissioning and testing of material handling systems for our customers.
Your key responsibilities
- Creating 3D conveyor models and 2D layouts of material handling systems
- Create basic steelwork models, coordinate detailed steelwork modelling
- Create mechanical equipment specifications for manufacturing
- Specify third-party equipment for procurement
- Coordinate building interfaces (space requirements, architectural & structural interfaces,
- building services, accessibility for O&M, safety, and security)
- Create installation file, mechanical running test, handle site problem reports
- Create extra material specifications, site installations instructions
- Supports installation on site and processes as-built documentation from site
- Manages and archive mechanical deliverables into the document control system
- Drives continuous improvement
- Bachelor or Master level degree in Mechanical Engineering or related discipline
- 1 – 2 years relevant working experience
- Excellent communication skills (fluent English writing and speaking)
- Proficient in 3D modelling and AutoCAD software
- Knowledge of Australian Standards applicable for Mechanical Installations
- Intermediate knowledge of steelwork design requirements
- Knowledge of customer processes in relevant market segments
- Hands-on attitude: Coordination, testing and instruction during site installation and commissioning
- Basic knowledge of industrial automation (like warehouse, post, parcel etc.)
- Basic knowledge of electromechanical components, cabinets, and field wiring
- Understands material handling systems on a system level
- Pro-active, attention to detail and independently solving problems within own sphere of influence
- Willing to travel and stay on site when required
A competitive remuneration package will be offered to someone who is a team player with a positive, energetic attitude and work ethic as well as the ability to think outside the square.
In a world of technology, Vanderlande believes in people – its employees make the difference in everything the company does. To apply for this unique and exciting opportunity, submit a cover letter and resume.
ID checks will be performed to verify work entitlements in Australia.