The UK engineering team works as an integrated part of the Worldwide Vanderlande Engineering team consisting of over 800 engineers from all automated handling disciplines.
An Engineer joining the UK team has the opportunities and potential to join a wide and diverse range of projects, and we are looking for a Mechanical Engineer with the passion and willingness to engineer and develop designs for projects, the ability to follow challenging standards and overall to add value to our customers at home and abroad.
As a mechanical Project Engineer you will support our automation projects by creating the mechanical designs and layouts for our intralogistics equipment and systems.
The area of work is of a specialist/technical nature and the person fulfilling the role should be friendly and have the ability to communicate facts within the required area of knowledge and expertise. Standard operating procedures are important aspects of this role and as such, it will require an individual who is persistent, organised, structured, self-controlled and kind. The person fulfilling this role should be consistent in approach, analytical, sensitive, precise, logical, and systematic.
Your responsibilities and activities will include:
- Read the user requirements, analyse the feasibility, and considers technical standards.
- Agree in consultation with the PLE the necessary engineering activities for the deliverables and planning details.
- Participating in decision making with all the relevant disciplines regarding the mechanical components and interfaces to be used.
- Ensuring that the mechanical system design is engineered following the relevant safety standards and regulations, such as performing detailed design risk assessments and CDM.
- Ensuring that a detailed engineered system design can be manufactured within the available budget.
- Supporting the PLE with the engineering planning.
- Protect interest of Vanderlande in dealings with customer, suppliers, and sub-contractors.
- Coordination of third-party equipment procurement and integration specifications.
- Deliver Project related layout packages, using tools such as AutoCAD and ESoT.
- Quality control of files and Data Management.
- Producing engineering instructions.
- Contributing to continuous improvement of the processes and policies, as well as learning continuously and developing self-professional potential and ability.
Role Qualification and Skills
- Degree or equivalent level candidate with a relevant qualification in an engineering or relevant discipline
- Good knowledge of design standards and safety requirements, with working knowledge of the Machinery Directive.
- Ability to work in a multi-discipline environment (Electrical/Mechanical/Software/Safety).
- A structured individual with open approach to design and problem solving.
- Knowledge of used technologies and equipment for Material Handling Systems.
What we offer
- 28 days of annual leave (excluding public holidays).
- Flexible in working hours and location.
- Bupa Medical Cover.
- YuLife – Wellbeing membership with fast access to GP appointments, promotion of health and wellbeing along with daily quests to gain Yucoins that can be swapped for shopping vouchers.
- Perkbox includes things such as free eye tests at Specsavers including discounts on Glasses, free cinema vouchers and a weekly free coffee from Nero. Along with hundreds of savings on day-to-day shopping and trips.
- A challenging work environment with lots of opportunities of career progression.
- Cycle to work scheme.
- Pension with Aviva.