In Technology, former Research and Development (R&D), you step into an exciting world of intralogistics. Our Market Leading Concepts like Baggage Handling for Airports, Automated Logistics in Warehouses and Parcel distribution are deployed all over the world.
A multidisciplinary team of specialists develop complex and integrated logistics solutions that are deployed all over the world. Great innovative ideas are transferred into verified and validated module and system solutions that are deployed all over the world. Every one of our talented specialists is committed to solving the next challenge, and enhancing Vanderlande’s competitive position.
This vacancy is specifically in the domain of sorting systems for warehousing and parcel solutions.
As a Module Architect within technology you are responsible for the structural design of new Functional Modules to be used worldwide in our logistic systems. Your architectural design is transferred into product specifications and design solutions by a multidisciplinary experts team of hardware and software specialists with whom you closely cooperate. You will be a partner of the Project Leader and Integrator and together you have the responsibility for the final Functional Module release.
Tasks and responsibilities
- Analyze the stakeholder needs and user requirements, combining them with the technological requirements imposed by Vanderlande’s technology standards and reference architecture;
- Design and document the product architecture including its key interface specifications and the requirements imposed on the various components;
- Identify integration risks early and mitigate these risks in your design, consulting with specialists when needed;
- Guide and guard the development team to ensure a proper implementation of the product architecture;
- Explain the product architecture to various stakeholders in their frame of reference;
- Cooperate with the product architect and be the technical lead for the module development team;
- Contribute to improving the competences of the Product Architecture team.
You have a pragmatic and result-drive attitude with proven experience in system design thinking. You are eager to learn and curious about the new technologies within and outside Vanderlande. It is important that you can convince others of a particular point of view to obtain an agreement with your stakeholders.
- You have a bachelor or master’s degree in Mechatronics or Software engineering with a high level of affinity with Electronics and interest in Mechanics.
The logistics solutions we develop and improve are 80% software and 20% hardware related;
- You have +/- 5 years of relevant working experience in designing and engineering multi-disciplinary industrial systems;
- You are able to keep the overview and to operate and switch between various abstraction levels;
- You understand the stakeholder needs and you can explain the technical topics to them;
- You master the English language, both orally and in writing;
- You like to steer the technical content of a team of multidisciplinary module design professionals.
We offer you the opportunity to learn new things and develop your personal skills, while working with remote team members.
Vanderlande has several international development centers that also gives you opportunities for an international career.
Our company has been named for several years in a row as 'Top Employer' and 'Best Employer'.
We offer a full-time position in an informal and professional working environment with a lot of scope attention for personal development.
Next to your fixed salary you'll receive the following secondary benefits:
- 27 days vacation & 13 ADV (working hours reduction) days
- Flexible working hours
- Training facilities
- Travel expenses
- Collective pension scheme and insurance facilities for healthcare, car, WGA (Return to Work Scheme for the Partially Disabled) etc.
Vanderlande is the global leader for value-added logistics automation solutions at airports and in the parcel market, as well as a leading supplier of process automation solutions for warehouses. In this world of technology, we believe in people – especially those who are totally dedicated, customer-driven and keen to continue learning throughout their career. This is embraced by our Vanderlande Academy and International Talent Development programs, with over 800 courses conducted every year. The focus is on freedom while being trusted to deliver, and this is one of the reasons why we received the highest rating of three stars in the Best Employer survey (The Netherlands).
If you’re ambitious and take your long-term career seriously, then please contact us to explore this global opportunity to join a company at the top of its game.
If the role of Module Architect appeals to you, then please apply now by completing the application form, and uploading your CV and covering letter. For more information, please contact Ralph Jonker (Recruiter), +31(0)413 494 559.