TITLE: Operations Manager, North American Service Center (NASC)
As a subsidiary of Toyota Industries (TICO), Vanderlande North America is enjoying rapid growth and extraordinary market demand. Vanderlande is a global market leader in material handling system manufacturing, design, installation, and service. Vanderlande systems employ the latest in robotic, mechanical, and software technology. Vanderlande’s customers are household names in e-commerce, package delivery, and air transportation.
We are currently looking for an Operations Manager that will be supporting the North American Service Center (NASC).
As the Vanderlande Operations Manager for the NASC, you are responsible for all Service Operations Management for our customers. Your responsibility is to make sure we deliver outstanding services to our customers, as well as supporting the customer improve their competitive position with additional solutions offered by Vanderlande. As the Operations Manager, you will ensure that our services are performing and supported in compliance with the agreed service levels with our clients and in so doing be ready for daily operations.
You are the departmental manager for the North American Service Center. As such you will be responsible for leading and managing the team of Support Engineers, their onboarding, continuous development and further professionalization of the team.
- Day-to-Day Operations management of the support center.
- Manage the service delivery processes (ITIL best practices) including:
- Incident Management (driving issue resolution and effective communication with our customers).
- Problem Management (driving the root cause analysis of all outstanding problems).
- Change Management (manage and communicate any changes related to our customer systems).
- Ability to lead technical conference calls between our engineers and customers.
- Work with multiple engineering teams throughout Vanderlande to resolve complex customer issues.
- Deliver support to the agreed Service Level Agreements and maintain service performance for the duration of the contract.
- Drive the continuous improvement of incidents resolution and root cause analyses.
- Responsible for recruiting, hiring and onboarding of new Engineers.
- Provide ongoing training, coaching and mentoring of team members.
- Full range of reporting for internal and customer facing purposes.
- Use KPI’s to assist with managing performance and driving improvements in our support.
- Similarly use quality assurance processes to drive support improvements across the team.
- Ability to provide technical and soft skills coaching to the engineers on the team.
- Build on best practices and continually improve the service capabilities of the team.
- Support the Senior Management team in new business initiatives as and when required.
- Understanding, interpreting and following procedures, standards and regulations.
Education and Experience:
- Bachelor’s degree from four-year College or university (Preferably Degree in Engineering)
- At least +7 years’ experience managing service operations teams.
- Experienced in managing mission critical 24/7 complex support environments.
- Preferably a good working knowledge supporting either PLC controls (Allen Bradley, Siemens) or IT Infrastructure (database systems, applications, networking).
- Strong understanding of HR procedures, staff development and succession planning.
- Preferably ITIL v3 or v4 Foundation certified.
- Must be willing to work flexible hours.
Knowledge & Skills Competencies:
- Group-oriented leadership.
- Systematic thinking.
- Good knowledge of ITSM systems and processes, preferably with complex industrial automation and electromechanical systems.
- Building complex training schedules while maintaining proper 24/7 support coverage.
- Experienced with complex reporting and dashboards from multiple disparate systems.
- Strong technical writing skills to build team documentation and best practices.
- Strong verbal and written communication skills, able to communicate at all levels, able to be clear and concise to stakeholders and management at all levels.
- Strong reporting skills; using a reporting tools, Excel, building dashboards.
- Customer oriented and proactive to reach determined goals.
- Good sense of setting the right priorities in a demanding and dynamic environment.
- Strong multi-tasking skills.
- Able to drive continuously improving highly challenging KPI’s of the Service contract.
- Strong analytical skills.
- Able to act on own initiative, adaptable and quick to learn.
- Good planning and scheduling skills.
Must be able to attain and sustain TSA vetting.
Position Type/Expected Hours of Work:
This is a full-time position, Monday through Friday, 8:00 a.m. to 5 p.m. but will require support off hours based on customers’ situation.
This position requires up to 15% travel (potentially some international).
This position will manage a team of approx. a dozen Engineers.
Please note this job description is not designed to cover or contain a comprehensive listing of activities, duties or responsibilities that are required of the employee for this job. Duties, responsibilities and activities may change at any time with or without notice.
Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.