Provides effective and efficient administrative support to the LA Regional office/project office, supporting the office, managers and employees through a variety of tasks related to the organization and communication. The admin job scope ensures that all administrative assistant duties are completed accurately and delivered with high quality and in a timely manner
Essential Functions (Job Duties and Responsibilities):
• Administrative Assistant for Managing Director
• General Administrative Duties: Perform administrative support duties to include correspondence with Contract Manager, customer, and interdepartmental mail to business support roles in main office.
• Order and maintain supplies, and arrange for equipment maintenance
• Order & Coordinate office supplies/furniture/utilities/IT equipment/etc.
• Coordinate and arrange meetings, prepare agendas and materials, write reports from management, reserve and prepare facilities, and record and transcribe minutes of meetings. Arrange and coordinate travel schedules and reservations, including related expense reports.
• Support Project Management and Human Resources with hiring, onboarding, and personnel issues. Coordinating interviews for candidates; submitting completed new hire forms; routing employee questions regarding general HR topics
• Greet visitors, respond to or refer questions, answers and screen telephone calls, schedule and arrange conference calls. Read, route, and respond to incoming and outgoing mail and correspondence, including e-mail and faxes.
• Badging: Responsible for accurate records/audits of employee badging information as required by the Airport Security Office
• Maintain invoices recording keeping for customer monthly billing
• Document management – logging incoming and outgoing documents related to project requirements
• Perform other related duties as assigned.
• Manage PPE/Office/Warehouse Logistics support
• Organize Events and office functions
• Personnel travel/accommodation/expenses
• Manage Mail/Parcel/Office Deliveries – Incoming and Outgoing
• Fleet Management
• Calendar Management for all departments/personnel
• Accounts Payable, Maintain records/logs/office invoicing
• Shuttle personnel from office to and from site
• Maintain all office accounts
• Coordinate quotes/sales with vendors for office, large purchase for office with corporate accounting, and with legal on housing agreements/STA/LTA contracts for Ex Patriots
• Coordinate site tours for visitors
• Track travel charged to our project
• All other duties determined by site manager in support of O&M contact and operations
Required Education and Experience:
• Education: High School Diploma or GED certificate, Associates Degree or equivalent
• Experience: Minimum of 2 years of administrative experience or experience with material handling
• Intermediate computer skills.
• Effective phone etiquette skills. Must be able to communicate effectively in both written and verbal form.
• Must maintain confidentiality of work related information and materials.
• Must be able to pass drug screen/background check for employment.
• Valid Driver’s License.
• Application and intermediate knowledge of office practices and procedures
• Excellent customer service skills.
• Must establish and maintain effective working relationships.
• Self-starter and pro-active
• Detail oriented
• Comfortable in fast-paced, operationally intensive environment
• Innovative and desire to improve processes
• Decision making ability
• Personal Computer and other equipment associated with a general office environment (copier, telephone, fax, etc.)
• A variety of word-processing, spreadsheet, database, e-mail, and presentation software.
Position Type/Expected Hours of Work:
This is a full-time position, Monday through Friday, 8:30 a.m. to 5 p.m. Overtime is possible.
This position requires no travel.
This position has no supervisory responsibilities.
Work Environment and Physical Demands:
The physical demands described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job. While performing the duties of this Job, the employee is regularly required to sit; use hands to handle or feel and talk or hear. The employee is frequently required to reach with hands and arms. The employee is occasionally required to stand; walk and stoop, kneel, crouch, or crawl. The employee must frequently lift and/or move up to 10 pounds and occasionally lift and/or move up to 25 pounds. Specific vision abilities required by this job include close vision, distance vision, color vision, peripheral vision, depth perception and ability to adjust focus.
Alternative or combined skills in understanding, counseling, and/or influencing people are important in achieving job objectives, causing action, understanding others, or changing behavior; and, skills of persuasiveness or assertiveness, as well as sensitivity to the point of view of others.
While performing the duties of this job, the employee is frequently exposed the baggage handling system, mechanical parts and vibration. The noise level in the work environment and job sites can be loud.
Please note this job description is not designed to cover or contain a comprehensive listing of activities, duties or responsibilities that are required of the employee for this job. Duties, responsibilities and activities may change at any time with or without notice.