O&M Sr. ShiftLeader
Vanderlande is responsible for the Service & Maintenance of the Baggage Handling System at Different Airports. We are currently seeking a O&M Sr. ShiftLeader to join our team. The ShiftLeader will be a main responder to emergency situations. And will lead a team to carry out preventive and corrective maintenance at the site matching our Service contract requirement.
Essential Functions (Job Duties and Responsibilities)
- Exercise safe working practice at all times
- Inspect and diagnose complex mechanical/electrical systems
- Inspect and diagnose all the equipment of the systems.
- Perform specified preventive maintenance.
- Communicate with various parties on the work performed and present status of specialty systems
- Interpret engineering drawings in reference to layout, location, and operation of the system(s)
- Attend to faults, alarms, and warnings.
- Monitor reporting through CMMS, including generating and closing work orders
- React to messages from the Control Room or manager
- React to messages from the Operations Teams regarding Preventive or Corrective Maintenance.
- Perform monthly CM/PM, including inspection, adjustment, cleaning, replacement parts as needed.
- Ensure quality of maintenance executed on-site according to contract agreed with the customer(s).
- Manage system issues on-site with the maintenance team, manager, and the customer
- Setup and maintain work schedule to ensure fulfilment of contract deliverables and more.
- Provide assistance to Manager (if applicable) on daily operations and perform as the manager in his absence.
- Ensure proper levels of supplies (spare parts, tools, and office supplies) and manage vendor interactions.
- Initiate process improvements to ensure continuous improvement of the maintenance performance to the contract.
- Acts independently in several technical tasks.
- Identifies issues that need extra attention.
- Solves problems which disturb the daily operation.
- Trains less experienced employees.
- Bachelor’s degree in electrical/Electro-mechanical Field.
- Minimum 4 years technical experienced in an industrial environment
- Working experience with mechanical, electrical and controls (PLC, PC) systems is a must.
- 3 years of prior experience as a Lead Team.
- Minimum of 4 years Material Handling Experience
- Minimum of 2-year CMMS Experience preferred
- Minimum of 3 years PLC / SCADA Experience
- Self-Starter and Pro-active
- Detail Oriented and Stress Resistant
- Customer Oriented
- Innovative and Self Assured
- Decision Making Ability
- Strong leadership skills, troubleshooting and problem-solving skills
- Fully competent and versed in operations and maintenance
- Flexibility with time, able to shift priorities quickly based on staff and system needs
- Team player
- Strong verbal and written communication skills
- Proactive and strong work ethic and initiative, who would like to grow and develop within the organization
- Working knowledge of computers and equipment
- Ability to solve problems under pressure
- Pro-active attitude towards process improvement
- Ability to work independently
- Knowledge of OSHA and safety practices
Must be able to attain and sustain an Airport ID Badge