The Supply Chain Center North America (SCC NA) is responsible for the procurement of all equipment & services, subcontracting of 3rd party designed equipment and site installation labor of material and baggage handling systems in USA, Canada and Mexico. The operational buyer is responsible for the operational and administrative procurement process of SCC NA. In close cooperation with the Supply Chain Coordinator or Sourcing Manager, you are tasked with translating engineering specifications to order messages into purchase orders and the monitoring and expediting thereof.
Input for the Operational Buyer will be i) engineering specification for Procured items or ii) engineering specifications to process to an order messages to place orders with suppliers for the project or our internal stock locations and/or our other international Supply Chain Centers (Europe and Asia Pacific).
After releasing of the engineering specifications or generation of the order messages the Operational Buyer completes the order messages and translates these into approved purchase orders. Any missing data is added in cooperation with the Supply Chain Coordinator or Sourcing Manager. Subsequently the Operational Buyer arranges order acknowledgements, monitors progress, expedites deliveries, find alternative suppliers, and reports progress to the Supply Chain Coordinator.
Essential Functions (Job Duties and Responsibilities):
- Process engineering specifications to order messages (ETO)
- Managing open order messages and translating these into purchase orders.
- Process procured engineering specifications to purchase orders.
- Coordinating and monitoring the internal order approval process.
- Monitoring and entering order acknowledgements.
- Entering and maintaining supplier and item (master) data in ERP system.
- Archiving of purchase orders and acknowledgements.
- Expedite and follow up with Open Orders based on Equipment Delivery Program (EDP) dates.
- Report status of the Open Orders to Supply Chain Coordinators
- If required find alternative or solutions for new items / delay / etc.
- Coordinating resolutions to questions from suppliers or quality issues.
- Coordinating resolutions to receiving and payment issues.
- Measuring and monitoring of supplier performance.
Required Education and Experience:
- In this role it is of high importance to be a highly organized and structured worker.
- High level of organization and detail oriented.
- BS, BA degree.
- Experience with entering and expediting purchase orders.
- Experience with ERP systems (JD Edwards E1 preferred).
- Good computer skills.
- Technical / Mechanical training or experience.
- MS Office (Word, Excel, PowerPoint).
- Experience working in teams.
- Good verbal and written communication skills.
- 3+ years of buyer experience
- Ability to read engineering drawings
- Ability to work in a team; team player.
- Must have the ability to communicate verbally and in writing
- Knowledge and Ability to work well with Excel
- Ability to adapt to different situations/Flexible
- Must have great customer service
- Must have negotiating and procurement skills.
- Ability to handle multiple tasks in a high energy office environment
- Must be hands on and have a “take charge mentality.”
- Must be confident
- 3+ years requirement of ERP (MRP experience) & functional knowledge