As a subsidiary of Toyota Industries (TICO), Vanderlande North America is enjoying rapid growth and extraordinary market demand. Vanderlande is a global market leader in material handling system manufacture, design, installation, and service. Vanderlande systems employ the latest in robotic, mechanical, and software technology. Vanderlande’s customers are household names in e-commerce, package delivery, and air transportation.
Job Duties and Responsibilities:
- Managing order requests and converting them into purchase orders
- Process procured engineering specifications to purchase orders
- Coordinating and monitoring the internal order approval process
- Monitoring and entering order acknowledgements
- Expedite and follow up Open Orders based on Equipment Delivery Program (EDP) dates and maintain current dates in ERP system
- Coordinating resolutions to questions from suppliers or quality issues
- Coordinating resolutions to receiving and payment issues
- Measuring and monitoring of supplier performance
- Compares and negotiates price deals for standard products and/or with established and approved suppliers
- Submits claims in case suppliers deviate from agreed terms and conditions
- Identifies recurring problems
- Improves own way of working and identifies aspects that need improvement within the department and with other teams
- Ability to work in a team, team player
- Self-reliant and works independently with limited supervision
- Great communication skills, verbally and in writing
- Knowledge and ability to work well with Excel (vlookup)
- Ability to adapt to different situations/Flexible
- Great sense of customer service
- Negotiating and procurement skills
- Ability to handle multiple tasks in a high energy office environment
- Must be hands on and have a “take charge mentality”
- Must be confident to hold suppliers accountable
- Ability to coach, guide, and train junior/tactical buyers
Required Education and Experience:
- 4+ years of experience as an Operational Buyer or equivalent
- In this role it is of high importance to be a highly organized and structured worker
- High level of organization and time management, detail oriented
- Experience with entering and expediting purchase orders
- Experience with ERP systems (JD Edwards E1 preferred)
- Good computer skills; MS Office (Word, Excel, PowerPoint)
- Technical / Mechanical training or experience a plus (ability to read engineering drawings)
- Good verbal and written communication skills.
This position requires up 5% travel.
This position has no supervisory responsibilities.
Please note this job description is not designed to cover or contain a comprehensive listing of activities, duties or responsibilities that are required of the employee for this job. Duties, responsibilities and activities may change at any time with or without notice. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
Vanderlande is an equal opportunity/affirmative action employer. Qualified applicants will be considered without regards to race, religion, color, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, age, marital status, veteran status, or disability status.