Working for the business based at Heathrow, the BOA (Baggage Operational Assurance) Operational Delivery Manager will be responsible for undertaking operational and technical reviews of the relevant aspects of Baggage Projects on behalf of Heathrow BOA as part of the wider overall BOA process. The role will be based across the four terminals at Heathrow and the Baggage Control Room situated in Terminal 5.
As an Operational Delivery Manager, you will work with several different departments across both the Vanderlande and Heathrow teams, requiring strong customer management skills and the ability to challenge to ensure the best results are achieved for the overall baggage operation. You will be responsible for ensuring that the project delivers the requirements and that any mitigations that are required are developed and implemented. You would be willing to assist and learn from a multi-disciplined team in a fast-moving environment.
Your responsibilities and activities will include:
- Represent BOA at workshops and meetings to discuss and develop design and processes to ensure a fit for purpose solution is provided against defined Baggage standards.
- Undertake operational and technical reviews of Project documentation to ensure a fit for purpose solution is provided against defined Heathrow standards.
- Work with stakeholders and delivery teams to ensure that the proposed solution is safe to operate and maintain against Heathrow standards.
- Undertake operability and maintainability assessments of system and process proposals to ensure that the delivered infrastructure is safe and efficient to operate and maintain. Work with delivery and O&M teams to develop solutions to problem areas.
- Undertake review and approval of high-level project testing strategies and test documentation to ensure that these plans will be fit for use during testing of installed equipment.
- Track, review and report progress against defined plans to ensure that all responses are coordinated and completed ready for closure by the Senior Assurance manager.
- Act as lead reviewer for documentation that has been issued to BOA by the project team, track progress against deadlines and ensure responses are ready for return to the project team in line with the agreed SLA.
- Generate new tracker documentation and update existing trackers to ensure that they are up to date and accurate.
- Develop mitigation plans which protect the operation during the installation phase of the project.
- Undertake continuous improvement reviews to ensure that the design, build and operation of the baggage systems at Heathrow are the best that they can be.
- Create effective and good working relationships with all departments to ensure that customer expectations are exceeded
- Work with all stakeholders to support the development of the SOS, SOP, CSOS and CSOP documentation during the relevant project stage and assure that they are in the state required to add to the Operating Plan.
Role Qualification and Skills
- You are in the possession of a City & Guilds / NVQ level 3 or above in maintenance mechanical / electrical discipline.
- Ability to review and process complex documentation and make objective comments against the content.
- Ability to demonstrate in depth knowledge of airline and baggage operational processes
- Knowledge of complex control systems, handling or parcel systems
- Ability to present and cascade electrical and mechanical technical design drawings, schematics, system layouts to stakeholder groups and peers.
- Experience of working with Project teams and an understanding of the project management process
- Excellent communication skills with the ability to communicate clearly and effectively with stakeholders and peers
- Ability to challenge the Project team in the right manner to ensure that the delivery balances the needs of all parties such as stakeholders, operations, maintenance, airlines etc.
- Excellent PC Literacy particularly the use of Word, Excel, Outlook, Visio, PowerPoint and SharePoint
What we offer
- 28 days of annual leave (excluding public holidays)
- Bupa Medical Cover
- YuLife – Wellbeing membership with fast access to GP appointments, promotion of health and wellbeing along with daily quests to gain Yucoins that can be swapped for shopping vouchers
- Perkbox includes things such as free eye tests at Specsavers including discounts on Glasses, free cinema vouchers and a weekly free coffee from Nero. Along with hundreds of savings on day-to-day shopping, trips etc.
- A challenging work environment with lots of opportunities of career progression.
- Cycle to work scheme
- Pension with Aviva