Will you be our stress-resistant team player, with can-do mentality and excellent communications skills? Pro-active and process-oriented, continually driving for improvements? First point of contact to our internal customers and suppliers?
We are looking for an analytical person with strong time- and priority management skills as our new Operational Supplier Coordinator.
As an Operational Supplier Coordinator (OSC), your main focus will be to secure and assure material availability to the factories and the field and resolve shortages. You are the first point of contact for our internal Supply Chain and project organization towards our suppliers.
Role and responsibilities
As an Operational Supplier Coordinator you manage the short term Materials Availability Performance of your suppliers. You make sure that your suppliers deliver and execute according to existing agreements. Your responsibilities and activities will be:
- First point of contact for Supply Chain Management towards our suppliers and internal customers.
- Secure and assure Materials Availability to the factories and the field by continuously monitoring and following up agreements and performance indicators with the supplier.
- Resolving possible stagnations and issues.
- Pro-active Supply Management of a portfolio of items by understanding and clarifying sources and potential impact of demand changes throughout the supply chain. You are able to translate trends at the supplier into concrete actions, targeting weak spots (e.g. supply investigations, optimizing replenishment strategies, logistical engineering).
- Participation in (supplier) improvement projects together with the Sourcing Manager and Quality Engineer and driving operational improvement plans with suppliers.
- Coaching and training of suppliers to increase the maturity level and correct use of Vanderlande designed systems, portals, processes, procedures, tools and techniques.
- Process improvements by applying LEAN methodologies like 4C/A3/8D problem solving techniques and participation in (complex) projects on department level.
- Analysis and reporting on Materials Availability, while understanding the Materials Requirements Planning logic and dependencies with other processes and departments in the supply chain. Regularly updating key interfaces on status, progress, impact and performance.
Education and Experience
- Master degree preferably in Logistics or Supply Chain Management (or equivalent)
- Alternatively Bachelor degree with a high performance track record (5+ years)
- At least 3 years relevant and proven experience in logistics / supply chain management
- Experience in Procurement & Supply Chain Management processes in a high-tech, low-volume production environment
- Experience in driving material planning
- Experience with planning (ERP) systems, preferably JDE/Oracle
- Experience in a complex work environment with multiple stakeholders
- Experience with working in a project-driven business is preferable
Working at Vanderlande, you’ll always have new challenges and new problems to solve – and working together is the only way to do that. You won’t work in a silo. Instead, you’ll be part of a creative, dynamic work environment where you’ll collaborate with supportive colleagues. There is always space for creative and unique points of view. You’ll have the flexibility and confidence to choose how best to execute tasks and solve problems.
To thrive in this job, you’ll need the following skills:
- Team player
- Excellent communication skills in Dutch and English
- Pro-active attitude, drive to continuously seek for improvements
- Strong time and priority management skills
- Strong analytical skills
- Ability to initiate, influence and steer without formal authority
- Can-do mentality, positive & critical
- Flexible, result-driven and committed, ability to deal with resistance and organizational changes
- Strong relationship builder (internal and external)
- Proficiency in MS Office, particularly in Excel.
What we offer
In the challenging and responsible position of Operational Supplier Coordinator, you will have the chance to make a significant contribution to industry-leading projects and be connected to our dedicated people and customers. We offer a position in an informal, international and professional working environment with a lot of opportunities for personal development. By joining our profitable and growing company you will be able to reach your goals and focus on your future.
- On top of your fixed salary, you will receive the following secondary benefits:
- 40 vacation days (20 statutory days and a flexible budget worth 20 days).
- Flexible working hours.
- A hybrid workplace (40% working from home and 60% in the office).
- Commuting allowance, including full reimbursement of travel by public transport.
- Working from home allowance.
- Collective pension scheme and discount on health insurance.
- On-site company health centers with a gym, physiotherapists and occupational therapists.
- Vanderlande Academy and training facilities to boost your skills.
- A variety in Vanderlande Network communities and initiatives.
- And a great company restaurant and coffee bar with barista.
Vanderlande is the global market leader for future-proof logistic process automation at airports – from London Heathrow to Singapore Changi – and in the parcel market, for main players such as UPS and FedEx. Furthermore, we are also a leading supplier of solutions for warehousing giants, such as Walmart, which seamlessly integrate innovative systems, intelligent software and life-cycle services.
If you aspire to a position of responsibility – and want to make a difference by facilitating the delivery of what matters most to consumers, passengers and businesses – then the next step on your path to global opportunities is to join Vanderlande. As part of our network and unique culture of freedom and flexibility, you will be connected to our dedicated people, build strong relationships and rise to the challenge of industry-leading projects.
You will grow, take ownership and make every day better as you continue on the road to success with your spirit of adventure – and fulfil your ambitions for personal development through our Academy. Vanderlande will give you the necessary knowledge, tools and support, so that together we have the confidence and ability to exceed our customers’ expectations in over 100 countries.
To achieve our collective goals, you will have a hands-on role working in a positive environment to deliver tangible, state-of-the-art products and improve the competitiveness of our highly visible customers. As an integral part of our team, you will have the enthusiasm and be driven to reach our destination before your next journey with Vanderlande begins…
If the role of Operational Supplier Coordinator appeals to you, then please apply now by completing the application form, and uploading your CV and covering letter. For more information, please contact Charlotte Rooseboom Recruiter on +31 413 49 43 22.