• Manages the operations of a team of 50+ employees
• Ensure quality of operations executed on-site according to the contract agreed with the customer
• Work with the customer for status reporting as required
• Setup and maintain work schedule to ensure fulfillment of contract deliverables
• Oversee and manage the site during the Site Manager’s absence
• Represent Vanderlande for operational and safety meetings with the Airport, TSA, and the airlines
• Ensure proper levels of spare parts, tools and office supplies etc. and manage vendor interactions.
• Initiate and implement continuous improvement of the maintenance performance to the contract
• Generate operational reports and identify weaknesses in the automated system
• Assist the Site Manager in creating contractual reports
• Conduct periodic safety audits and staff safety training
• Sets priorities, distributes work, monitors progress and quality
• Determines the most efficient and effective way of working
• Develops employees so that they excel in their current positions and also prepare for possible future positions
• Implements actions to better employee well-being, health and safety on the job.
• Maintains and enforces policies and procedures including but not limited to: communication plans, safety plans, contingency plans, attendance, quality control, inventory management, training requirements, etc.
• Willing to work long hours in a stressful environment, sometimes at nights and on the weekends
• Writes standard operating procedures
• Assist the Site Manager with finance and accounting matters Required Education and Experience:
• 5-10 years of operational experience in any industrial environment
• Experience with standard operating procedures
• Leadership experience, capable of working with teams.
• Customer focused, who can work independently.
• Ability to anticipate customer and team needs and act accordingly
• Valid driver’s License
Must be able to attain and sustain an airport badge
• Strong verbal and written communication skills
• Ability to solve problems
• Ability to manage, coach, and guide employees.
• Strong Microsoft office skills – Excel and Word
• Organizational and time management skills
• Capable of analyzing issues and developing solutions
• Strong work ethic, technical affinity, ability to grow and mentor.
• Ability to be creative and innovative, and overcome objections.
Position Type/Expected Hours of Work: This is a full-time position. Schedule is driven by the needs of the operation. May be required to work nights and weekends.
Supervisory Responsibility: Manages site employees
Work Environment and Physical Demands: The work environment requirements described here are representative of those an employee may encounter while performing the essential functions of this job:
The Operations Manager works in a secured baggage handling area, in repair stations, or on the ramp. S/he often must meet strict deadlines to maintain flight schedules.
This position is very active and requires standing, walking and bending. While performing the duties of this job, the employee is working with and exposed to the baggage handling system, mechanical parts and vibration.
The environment can also be loud because of aircraft engines and equipment.
Other Duties: Please note this job description is not designed to cover or contain a comprehensive listing of activities, duties or responsibilities that are required of the employee for this job. Duties, responsibilities and activities may change at any time with or without notice. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.