Essential Functions (Job Duties and Responsibilities):
- Become intimately familiar with the mechanical (and to a lesser extent the electromechanical) operation of the equipment.
- Become familiar with each key account and their differing requirements for the equipment.
- Support the Equipment Sales Team in evaluating and surveying potential sites and projects where the specialty equipment can potentially be used – either in VI integrated projects or equipment only sales.
- Support Supply Chain and Manufacturing in addressing issues with the equipment and serve as a liaison between the US office and Veghel R&D/Product Lifecycle Management in identifying potential manufacturing issues, improvements, modifications, or potential cost reductions – including those driven by the customer.
- Support Mechanical Project Engineering in any integration issues that that may arise with these products.
- Support Project and Site Management on projects where the equipment is used by addressing technical issues with respect to installation, integration, startup, etc.
- Support Supply Chain in the Localization efforts for the equipment.
- Writing or maintaining assembly, installation, operations, and maintenance manuals.
- Verification of ESoT library functionality and accuracy prior to release.
Required Education and Experience:
- Minimum of a bachelor’s degree in mechanical engineering or equivalent.
- 2+ years of full time mechanical product design or mechanical project engineering in the material handling industry.
- Knowledge of time management; scheduling.
- Knowledge of MS Office package.
- Knowledge of SolidWorks and AutoCAD.
- Knowledge of SolidWorks Composer.
- Knowledge of the metric and imperial measurement systems.
- Knowledge of blueprint reading, welding symbols and processes, material properties, and machine design.
- Knowledge of engineering science/technology including applying principles, techniques, procedures, and equipment to the design and production of manufactured parts.
- Knowledge of design techniques, tools, and standards involved in production of precision technical plans, blueprints, drawings, and models.
- Knowledge of arithmetic, algebra, geometry, trigonometry, statistics, and their applications.
- Being professional and courteous in all verbal and written communications with co-workers, vendors, superiors and customers.
- Understand privacy rules and follows protocol.
Position Type/Expected Hours of Work:
This is a full-time position, Monday through Friday, flex hours are available. Work can start anytime between 7:00 a.m. and 9:00 a.m. and end between 4:00 p.m. and 6:00 p.m with a required 1 hour lunch break.
This position requires up to 25% travel.
This position has no supervisory responsibilities.
Work Environment and Physical Demands:
While performing the duties of this job, the employee is frequently exposed to moving mechanical parts and vibration. The noise level in the job sites and manufacturing facility can be loud.
While performing the duties of this job, the employee is regularly required to talk and hear. This position is very active and requires standing, walking, bending, kneeling, stooping, crouching, crawling, and climbing during site visits.
Please note this job description is not designed to cover or contain a comprehensive listing of activities, duties or responsibilities that are required of the employee for this job. Duties, responsibilities and activities may change at any time with or without notice.
Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
Vanderlande is an equal opportunity/affirmative action employer. Qualified applicants will be considered without regards to race, religion, color, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, age, marital status, veteran status, or disability status.