Vanderlande's Maintenance Services division offers a service portfolio, which includes maintenance services, process optimization, system upgrades and modifications throughout the material handling system's life cycle at airports.
The Boarding Bridge Technician (PBB Technician) performs preventative and corrective maintenance on all boarding bridges. Applicants should have technical knowledge in mechanical bridge repair and adjustments, electrical troubleshooting and repair.
- Demonstrates safe working habits at all times
- Perform maintenance, repairs, inspections, adjustments and upgrades on the mechanical and/or electrical level on boarding bridge systems
- Use of hand tools, power tools and meters for troubleshooting and repair of boarding bridges
- Recognize abnormalities and faulty parts within the boarding bridge systems
- Read and interpret electrical schematics as they relate to boarding bridges
- Ability to read and interpret electrical and hydraulic schematics as they relate to boarding bridges
- Familiar with PLC controls for electro-mechanical troubleshooting
- Ability to understand refrigeration controls and power generation electronic components
- Ability to speak, read, understand and write English
- Assist with Baggage Handling Systems maintenance and repairs as needed
- High School Diploma or GED certificate
- Minimum of 3 years of electrical experience in an industrial environment
- Minimum of 5 years of experience in a maintenance trade
- Possession of a valid driver’s license
- Must be available to work 2nd shift and on call (24/7 rotating schedule)
- Electrical troubleshooting and repair skills
- Strong mechanical aptitude
- Certified or Licensed Electrician
- Prior boarding bridge maintenance experience
- Knowledge of PLC controls
Work Environment and Physical Demands:
The work environment/physical requirements described here are representative of those an employee may encounter while performing the essential functions of this job. While performing the duties of this Job, the employee is regularly required to sit, use hands to handle or feel and talk or hear.
The employee is frequently required to reach with hands and arms. The employee is occasionally required to stand, walk and stoop, kneel, crouch, or crawl. The employee must frequently lift and/or move up to 10 pounds and occasionally lift and/or move up to 25 pounds.
While performing the duties of this job, the employee is frequently exposed the baggage handling system, mechanical parts and vibration. The noise level in the work environment and job sites can be loud. Ear protection should be worn.
The PBB Technician will encounter mechanical, electrical, and hydraulic equipment. They move items, a job that can involve frequent bending and lifting. They spend most of their time on the airport floor or shop. They also spend time writing reports and work orders.
Please note this job description is not designed to cover or contain a comprehensive listing of activities, duties or responsibilities that are required of the employee for this job. Duties, responsibilities and activities may change at any time with or without notice.
This is a full-time, non-exempt position, eligible to receive an hourly rate and to participate in an annual performance bonus program. The salary range listed represents the maximum and minimum starting base pay for this position as of the time of posting. Final salary offered will be determined based on factors including but not limited to the candidate's skills and experience. The annual performance bonus program is preset and not candidate dependent.
Initial hourly rate: $31.00-$33.00
Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
Vanderlande is an equal opportunity/affirmative action employer. Qualified applicants will be considered without regards to race, religion, color, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, age, marital status, veteran status, or disability status.