Physical Distribution Employee I
Essential Functions (Job Duties and Responsibilities):
- Execute tasks as requested or required
- Follow defined processes for inbound, picking, outbound and reverse logistics orders
- Check and identify goods
- Take journey entries for packaging and storage of goods
- Loading & unloading goods
- Operating sit-down and/or stand-up forklift
- Work safely independently or within a team environment as needed
- Cycle counts and other inventory related functions
- Keeping work environment clean, organized and safe
- Following all safety procedures and regulations
Required Education and Experience:
- Must have high school diploma or equivalent
- Must have valid state driver’s license and clean driving record
- At least one year of warehouse experience
- Minimum of one-year experience as a Forklift Operator
- Forklift Operator Certification
- Basic knowledge MS Office
- Basic knowledge of mechanical equipment and mechanically inclined is a plus
- Logistic and packing knowledge is preferred
- Ability to work in a team environment and is aware of team responsibility
- Shows attention for safety
- Maintain productivity levels
- Communicates well, thinks, and has result-oriented attitude
Work Environment and Physical Demands:
The work environment/physical requirements described here are representative of those an employee may encounter while performing the essential functions of this job.
- Employee will be working in a warehouse/manufacturing environment. Temperature can vary from cold temperatures of 40 degrees and will be required to wear jacket or warm/hot temperature of 70+ degrees. Noise levels of 90 decibels can be reached at certain times. Can be exposed to fumes or airborne particles while in manufacturing environment.
- Knowledge and utilization of PPE (i.e., safety glasses, gloves, etc.) is required.
- Must be able to work in various indoor and outdoor climates and driving conditions.
- While performing the duties of this job, the employee regularly works near moving mechanical parts and the employee is regularly required to stand, walk, sit, climb, stoop, kneel, reach, use hands and fingers, talk, hear, and see (close vision and depth).
- The employee must regularly lift and /or move up to 10 pounds, frequently lift and/or move up to 25 pounds and occasionally lift and/or move up to 50 pounds.
The physical demands described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job.
Please note this job description is not designed to cover or contain a comprehensive listing of activities, duties or responsibilities that are required of the employee for this job. Duties, responsibilities and activities may change at any time with or without notice.
Vanderlande is an equal opportunity/affirmative action employer. Qualified applicants will be considered without regards to race, religion, color, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, age, marital status, veteran status, or disability status.