The Physical Distribution Warehouse Manager is responsible for all physical goods within the warehouse. This consists of receiving, journal entry, packaging, control, identification, storage, moving, loading / unloading and / or documentation of all goods. In addition, the Warehouse Manager also carries responsibility for the performance and the welfare of his/her team, which consists of permanent employees and temporary workers. The Team Leader will continue to challenge the employees to achieve the best possible return by systematic work according to established procedures and departmental processes, and by setting the right priorities. Safety, Quality, timeliness and cost are important factors. Equally important is that the Team Leader is responsible for the pursuit of continuous improvement of his department, and all related relevant issues, in which she/he also takes responsibility on the acceptance and implementation.
Essential Functions (Job Duties and Responsibilities):
- Responsible for the goods stream inside Vanderlande and the corresponding preconditions:
- Balancing the workload and match that with the workforce
- Describe and update the processes, not only concerning Physical Distribution, but also concerning the total Supply Chain
- Set the safety rules and monitor compliance
- Realize the set targets, using Key Performance Indicators (KPI)
- Realize the agreed output with maximum efficiency at an optimum “result of cost” for the department
- Report the results and act when needed
- Secures the logistic processes, progress, and quality
- Steer the performance of employees
- Stimulate teamplay
- Act as an example of company rules, norms, and core values by employees
- Recruit, guide and train employees
- Motivate, develop and appraise the employees
- Continuously strive to perfection at Physical Distribution
- Steer to innovate, improve and bring enthusiasm to the team
- Stay up-to-date concerning developments in the logistics by use of training and logistic contacts internally and externally of Vanderlande
- Translate the desires of the (internal) clients and suppliers to solutions
- Develop weaknesses into opportunities
Required Education and Experience:
- College degree or equivalent experience
- Must have valid state driver’s license and clean driving record
- At least five years of management experience in a logistical environment
- Basic knowledge MS Office
- JD Edwards
- Basic knowledge of mechanical equipment and mechanically inclined is a plus.
- Strong verbal and written communication
- Leading, give direction, initiate activities, motivating team and handle conflict
- Used to deadlines and capable of making decisions (under pressure)
- Innovative, think ahead and anticipate
- Multitasking, analytic and process minded
- Communicates well, thinks, and has result-oriented attitude
- LEAN management methodologies
Position Type/Expected Hours of Work:
This is a full-time position, Monday through Friday, may require longer working hours and holiday work.
This position does not require travel.
Manage physical distribution staff
Work Environment and Physical Demands:
The work environment/physical requirements described here are representative of those an employee may encounter while performing the essential functions of this job. While performing the duties of this job, the employee might be exposed to fumes or airborne particles, moving mechanical parts and vibration. The noise level in the work environment and job sites can be loud.
While performing the duties of this job, the employee is regularly required to talk and hear. This position is very active and requires standing, walking, bending, kneeling, stooping, crouching, crawling, and climbing all day. The employee must frequently lift and/or move items over 50 pounds.
Please note this job description is not designed to cover or contain a comprehensive listing of activities, duties or responsibilities that are required of the employee for this job. Duties, responsibilities and activities may change at any time with or without notice.
Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
Vanderlande is an equal opportunity/affirmative action employer. Qualified applicants will be considered without regards to race, religion, color, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, age, marital status, veteran status, or disability status.