Service Project Planner
Would you like to progress your career in a dynamic, rewarding and market-leading environment? If the answer is “yes”, then look no further than Vanderlande!
As a Service Project Planner, you will be responsible for planning all project activities. You will clearly set out decision moments and turnaround times for and with all of the disciplines involved in a project. You will set up a project plan, which ensures that opportunities and threats are identified in good time. Armed with your information and reports, project managers, project leaders and subcontractors and their teams will be in a position to set or adjust their course promptly, wherever they are in the world. You will play a central role in the projects in which you are involved. You will report to project management and be required to produce monthly project reports. Service Project planners are part of the Airports, Warehouse and Parcels Service Teams.
You will be responsible for your own projects at the Airports, Warehouse & Parcel Customer Center. You will set priorities, identify problems and take the steps necessary to resolve them (as part of a multidisciplinary approach). You will be involved in every phase of a project: from Sales, engineering, supply and shipping, Installation to the commissioning of systems. As a service project planner, you will work intensively with other disciplines, such as sales, project management, project engineering and the supply chain, site team and customers. You will be the key person in a project, as which you will maintain an overview of the consequences of the difference between the expectations of project management and the possibilities offered by the supply chain. You and your team will ensure that projects are completed successfully.
Your qualifications and skills
If you’re an experienced, enthusiastic and Analytical project planner you will excel at:
- Effectively translating the scope of a project into an overall project plan;
- Identifying the critical path in a project plan and the corresponding opportunities and risks
- Coordinating a project plan with the customer and subcontractors, so that an integrated project plan is achieved;
- Liaising with all of the internal and external parties involved in a project;
- Reporting on the progress being made with a project to the relevant Project Manager;
- Analysing and giving solicited and unsolicited advice on overall project plans;
- Preparing complex plans in consultation with project team members, subcontractors, suppliers, customers and stakeholders;
- Producing two-weekly or monthly project progress reports;
- If required, promptly delivering a detailed plan to internal stakeholders;
- Producing what-if analyses and alternative project plans;
- Training junior Planners;
- Preparing improvement proposals in relation to a project plan.
You should have:
- Bachelor degree in Mechanical, Electrical Engineering;
- Experience of working in a project organization;
- Planning experience;
- Knowledge of the Primavera and/or MS Project programs is essential;
- Strong communication skills and the ability to liaise at different levels. You have the ability to involve people and to convince them of the importance of sharing and receiving information in order to identify and maintain common project interests;
- Strong Excel skills;
- You will have the ability to work under (time) pressure and set priorities appropriately;
- You will be flexible and creative.