Would you like to contribute to the logistics performance of A-brands like Nike and Amazon worldwide? Do you know what our customers need? Are you a PLC programming enthusiast and getting excited to be able to travel through Europe and visit our customer sites? Then start a new challenge in your career and join our team!
Vanderlande provides its customers with life-cycle services for their automated material handling systems. Revision, Modification and Retrofit (RMR) projects are extremely important to keep a system in perfect shape and to adept it to the customer’s needs.
As a Controls Project Engineer you'll:
- design and program PLC controls meeting high quality demands on a project basis
- carry out functional testing of the PLC hardware and software during the commissioning phase.
- integrate these in the overall control system.
- be responsible for project reporting to the Service Project Manager
- provide on-site user training.
- closely monitor the available budget and the agreed schedule during the project, and you'll take the appropriate actions when necessary.
This position involves regular on-site working to commission control and transport systems.
Your qualifications and skills
- Successfully completed education at HBO (higher vocational education) level in Electrical Engineering, Industrial Automation, Computer Science or Controls Technology
- At least 3 years experience in a comparable position is preferred
- Knowledge of and experience in PLC applications (Siemens S7)
- Willing to work regularly for extended periods abroad (mainly Europe, in average 50% of your time)
- Excellent communication and interpersonal skills, both verbally and in writing in English.
- A cooperative mindset, enthusiastic to work in multidisciplinary, international teams, and like to share your knowledge with your coworkers.
- You have a strong customer focus ‘Service blood’ and can convince your stakeholders
In the challenging and responsible position of PLC Project Engineer you'll have the chance to make a significant contribution to the growth and profitability of Vanderlande Industries. Our organisation has been named for several years in a row as 'Top Employer' and 'Best Employer'.
We offer a full-time position in an informal and professional working environment with a lot of scope for personal development. As well as your fixed salary you'll receive the following secondary benefits:
• 27 days vacation & 13 ADV (working hours reduction) days
• Flexible working hours
• Training facilities
• Travel expenses
• Comprehensive travel and subsistence allowance
• Collective pension scheme and insurance facilities for; healthcare, car, WGA (Return to Work Scheme for the Partially Disabled) etc.
If the role of Service Sales Engineer appeals to you, then please apply now by completing the application form, and uploading your CV and covering letter. For more information, please contact Chrissy Broeders, Senior Recruiter on firstname.lastname@example.org.