Would you like to contribute to the logistics performance of A-brands like Nike and Amazon worldwide? Do you know what our customers need? Are you a PLC programming enthusiast and getting excited to be able to travel through Europe and visit our customer sites? Then start a new challenge in your career and join our team!
Vanderlande provides its customers with life-cycle services for their automated material handling systems. Revision, Modification and Retrofit (RMR) projects are extremely important to keep a system in perfect shape and to adept it to the customer’s needs.
As a Controls Project Engineer you'll:
- design and program PLC controls meeting high quality demands on a project basis
- carry out functional testing of the PLC hardware and software during the commissioning phase.
- integrate these in the overall control system.
- be responsible for project reporting to the Service Project Manager
- provide on-site user training.
- closely monitor the available budget and the agreed schedule during the project, and you'll take the appropriate actions when necessary.
This position involves regular on-site working to commission control and transport systems.
Your qualifications and skills
- Successfully completed education at HBO (higher vocational education) level in Electrical Engineering, Industrial Automation, Computer Science or Controls Technology
- At least 3 years experience in a comparable position is preferred
- Knowledge of and experience in PLC applications (Siemens S7)
- Willing to work regularly for extended periods abroad (mainly Europe, in average 50% of your time)
- Excellent communication and interpersonal skills, both verbally and in writing in English.
- A cooperative mindset, enthusiastic to work in multidisciplinary, international teams, and like to share your knowledge with your coworkers.
- You have a strong customer focus ‘Service blood’ and can convince your stakeholders
What we offer
This position offers a competitive salary range of € 3.600 to € 4.600 gross per month (excluding 8% holiday allowance). Through exceeding performance expectations, you even have the possibility to grow outside this scale.
On top of your fixed salary you’ll receive the following secondary benefits:
- 40 vacation days (20 statutory days and a flexible budget worth 20 days).
- Flexible working hours.
- A hybrid workplace (40% working from home and 60% in the office).
- A Health & Wellbeing budget worth €300,- per calendar year.
- Commuting allowance, including full reimbursement of travel by public transport.
- Working from home allowance.
- Collective pension scheme and discount on additional health insurance.
- On-site company health centres with a gym, physiotherapists and occupational therapists.
- Vanderlande Academy and training facilities to boost your skills.
- A variety in Vanderlande Network communities and initiatives.
- And a great company restaurant and coffee bar with barista.
If the role of Controls Project engineer appeals to you, then please apply now! For more information on the position, please contact Jasper Pijnenburg (Recruiter), +31 413 49 44 08
Diversity & Inclusion
Vanderlande is an equal opportunity/affirmative action employer. Qualified applicants will be considered without regards to race, religion, color, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, age, marital status, or disability