As a PLC Engineer – You will be working in the world’s best Airport (Singapore Changi Airport Terminal 1), reporting to Operations and Maintenance Manager.
You will be assisting to minimize downtime through onsite intervention. Your role will be to triage, diagnose and resolve system errors, faults, and disruptions. You have frequent customer contact, so it’s very important to have excellent communication skills. You must have a problem-solving mindset with strong analytical skills, you listen to the customer needs and you can translate this into technical solutions.
· Support of Low-Level-Control’s systems, and PLC issues raised by operations & maintenance team.
· Able to diagnose, and rectify Low-Level-Controls and PLC faults within tight deadlines
· Program, troubleshoot, and repair sensors, scanners, visualization systems, motors, frequency inverters and encoders.
· Coordinate the controls design with other engineering disciplines and project management.
· Provide technical support for root cause analysis related to control system issues, failures and write up incident summaries and provide reports as and when required.
· Work with Vanderlande Global service desk on incident management for complex issues.
· Drive continuous improvement through enhancements to existing control software and hardware systems.
· Conduct orientation/ training to Vanderlande staff and external users.
· Bachelor’s degree e.g. Mechatronics, Electrical Engineering, Software or Industrial Automation
· You have relevant working experience with Operational Technology and Siemens PLC during commissioning, installing and debugging in an international environment
· 3-6 years relevant experience in automation industry control System. Experience in airport BHS PLC control system will be added advantage.
· Proficient in Siemens-S7 programming, TIA Portal, Distributed Safety, RSLogix, OMRON
· Working knowledge on communication protocols and troubleshooting skills
· Working knowledge on Control net, Profibus, Profinet and AS-I bus will be added advantage
· Working knowledge of Variable Frequency drives.
· 24×7 support may be required for critical situations and prepared to participate in a weekend stand-by duties.
If you are driven, determined and want to take the next step in your career, this is the role for you. Please submit your detailed resume with information on current salary, expected salary and date of availability. We regret that only shortlisted candidates will be notified.